Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email from Mumbai Branch

Default Email from Mumbai Branch

Hi Jandm , Erin and everyone.
    I enquired about my application through email and got this reply . Kindly explain me what this email states ?

"INZ has also decided to give priority to processing those temporary partnership applications currently sitting with the Mumbai office which are supported by a New Zealand citizen or resident partner. All other partnership visa applications will remain in the queue and will be allocated in the order they were received once all priority cases have been allocated.

Please note that this prioritisation does not apply if you have applied for a general visitor visa with a partner in New Zealand. All general visitor visa applications where it has been indicated that your intention is to unite with your partner in New Zealand will remain in the queue and will be allocated in the order they were received once all priority cases have been allocated.

The INZ Mumbai office will only prioritise partnership visa applications for partners of non-New Zealand citizens or residents or general visitor visa applications in situations considered to be an extreme emergency"

Now my question is , we have applied for a GVV ... So does that states first all the PVV will be assessed and then GVV ?
    What if someone has applied for Gvv before and another one applied for Pvv later .. then will they assess the Pvv application first? Isn't this unfair?
    Inz use to follow 'first in first out ' policy , so now they aren't following that ?
    Someone please explain this ...

Thank you

So does that states first all the PVV will be assessed and then GVV ?
    Yes.
    What if someone has applied for Gvv before and another one applied for Pvv later .. then will they assess the Pvv application first?
    It looks like it.
    Isn't this unfair?
    Anyone with a GVV application in because of wanting to join a partner is certainly going to think so.
    Inz use to follow 'first in first out ' policy , so now they aren't following that ?
    No, they're not - this message is telling you so specifically.

To see the background to this, look at the other threads about processing times for different visas, and news items about INZ. INZ are in a huge mess because of backlogs of work due to the bungled reorganization, and (possibly, behind the scenes) changes in government wishes about migration, and all kinds of tweaks are being tried in the hope of improving things. Any individual's reaction to this will depend on whether their particular circumstances are being prioritized. And yours aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes.
    It looks like it. Anyone with a GVV application in because of wanting to join a partner is certainly going to think so.
    No, they're not - this message is telling you so specifically.

To see the background to this, look at the other threads about processing times for different visas, and news items about INZ. INZ are in a huge mess because of backlogs of work due to the bungled reorganization, and (possibly, behind the scenes) changes in government wishes about migration, and all kinds of tweaks are being tried in the hope of improving things. Any individual's reaction to this will depend on whether their particular circumstances are being prioritized. And yours aren't.
    So jandM if I applied my wife’s work visa under partnership based and am resident visa holder will they priorities the application process? Thanks

Reading the reply quoted above, I notice it says they are now prioritizing cases such as yours which are *currently sitting with the Mumbai office*. It does not make it clear if they will continue to give priority to other such cases which are submitted after those now with Mumbai have been processed, or if they just mean to clear those now in hand with this new system.

@JandM

So what in this case - initially i applied for GVV to my partner being as PR later INZ categorized my application under PVV stating that i sponsored my partner and we're in relationship! so will my application be prioritized as ref to the above INZ email or still sit in a queue ??

And what visa are you on yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by mazher View Post
    @JandM

So what in this case - initially i applied for GVV to my partner being as PR later INZ categorized my application under PVV stating that i sponsored my partner and we're in relationship! so will my application be prioritized as ref to the above INZ email or still sit in a queue ??
    When did you apply? They have done the same thing with my application too ... My husband is resident itself. . And we got instructions from INz to apply for GVV ... And later they transferred my file from gvv to pvv ...

I'm a Resident of NZ

April 2019, Online - Mumbai

mazher, I'm nothing official, so I can only tell you what I understand from reading the email quoted. It looks as though your situation is the same as zeezah's, so I suppose you will be treated in the same way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast