Thread: Cover letter for - SMC Partnership application

Smile Cover letter for - SMC Partnership application

Hello guys! I'm seeking for an advice or suggestions as I'm having trouble writing a cover letter for me and my partner SMC application.

I'm not sure if there's a same case like us before, but we don't have an evidence for tenancy agreement and bills (utility) as we live with our family here. Same when we were living back in our country.

Although, INZ approved our work-visa partnership based on December 2018 and my partner arrived here on February 2019.

What a CO or INZ really look for in a cover letter especially for partnership?

Thanks guys!

In your situation, what is important to prove partnership is that you, the couple, have a private space within the family home, particularly a shared sleeping space. This is to show that the partner is not just an informal visitor or lodger. So you need to show evidence, maybe by letters from the home-owner(s) and by regular visitor(s) who have seen your set-up and maybe been entertained there, of what the exact arrangements are for your accommodation. Also, as you say you don't have separate bills for utilities, it would be good to show how you both contribute to the household expenses - maybe a regular payment from your bank.