Thread: Processing time frame- when counting starts?

Default Processing time frame- when counting starts?

Hi friends,

Immigration NZ processing timeframe says 50% application decided within 6 months. We all are counting months based on our application lodgment date. But FAQ that immigration provided me as part of ITA pack says otherwise. It says applications are decided within 3 months to 12 months and time frame starts when case officer is appointed. (See screenshot below). I suppose everyone is being misled with immigration NZ calculation. They are not transparent in this too. visa timeframe.jpg

This is very disheartening.

yeah, think those genius changed the 'start' date. I thought it was lodgement date all along.
    everytime when i call in and ask the customer officer they always say when its lodge.

Hi,
    Do you guys know roughly how long the second person check takes to be completed?

The last update from EGoodhue, the LIA who posts here, about waiting time after hearing your case has gone to 2pc was that it was running at around 4 to 6 weeks on average. Notice, the actual check, if everything is all right with the case and the way the CO has handled it, only takes 20 - 30 minutes, and all the rest of the time is spent by your file working its way up the date-order queue for attention.

If the 2pc finds that there has been an error or omission in the working of the case, then s/he will pass it back to the CO to put right. What the CO would have to do would depend on what is wrong. If it's just a matter of not having filled out the paperwork correctly, the CO can redo that her/himself, but if s/he hasn't required enough evidence, or the right kind, then s/he may have to re-contact the applicant, the employer, the qualification provider, and/or the referee(s) who provided letters. Obviously, if this situation arises, the whole "2pc" time will be longer than the basic average.

Thanks a lot for the very useful info!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The last update from EGoodhue, the LIA who posts here, about waiting time after hearing your case has gone to 2pc was that it was running at around 4 to 6 weeks on average. Notice, the actual check, if everything is all right with the case and the way the CO has handled it, only takes 20 - 30 minutes, and all the rest of the time is spent by your file working its way up the date-order queue for attention.

If the 2pc finds that there has been an error or omission in the working of the case, then s/he will pass it back to the CO to put right. What the CO would have to do would depend on what is wrong. If it's just a matter of not having filled out the paperwork correctly, the CO can redo that her/himself, but if s/he hasn't required enough evidence, or the right kind, then s/he may have to re-contact the applicant, the employer, the qualification provider, and/or the referee(s) who provided letters. Obviously, if this situation arises, the whole "2pc" time will be longer than the basic average.

Greetings from my side .I just want to know how long case officer will take after allocation .My file has been allocated to CO on this 22nd ot august aa I called to call centre .I have not recieved any email or something from case officer even not recieved Acknowledgement letter .please let me know time for registered teacher Smc application for resident visa

There is no set time. Every case is individual, and will take as long as it takes for every piece of evidence to be verified.

Everything at INZ works by managed queues. When your ITA was received, it would join the end of the queue of other ITAs, according to the date order. Each Case Officer has a certain workload - a number of cases that are theirs to deal with. The newly arrived ITAs have to wait till one of the COs has finished with some of their cases, and can take on some more. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Your file will have joined your CO's queue at the back, and have got its first turn for attention when it worked its way to the front. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again.

The important point to take in is that the CO is not ONLY working your case. It's not at all surprising that you haven't heard anything when the official has only had the file for less than two weeks.

Thanks for replying buddy

I called INZ to ask about this. We applied for a partnership work visa and when we applied the timeframe was 95% of applications get processed in 4 months. Now its 90% applications get processed in 5 months. In a reply to a general query i was told that this timeframe is for “applications approved for processing within the last 3 months”. This confused me as my application was approved for processing way beyond 3 months ago. Anyway the call center person explained that the processing time is “based on how many applications were completed within the 3 months prior, i.e. between 1 June and 1 September”. So basically it doesnt matter when your applications was submitted if you wanna compare to the processing time. It can be based on applications that were approved for processing months before but only completed in the last 3 months

Sorry about the rant