Thread: Return of Original Documents by Prepaid Courier?

Default Return of Original Documents by Prepaid Courier?

I am going to submit my ITA for SMC from HK and the application guide says a prepaid envelope or courier pack for return of original documents. But I checked with couriers that they do not have prepaid pack. So I am grateful if anyone can tell me how INZ will return the documents. Or freight collect is accepted by INZ? Thanks!

I had a similar situation when having to deal with a US government office in the Philippines. I had to get my original documents back to NZ at my own expense. With a courier service, you cannot include a prepaid envelope, as you discovered. What you have to do is create an account with one, and then you include an envelope and a waybill. The waybill has your account number on it, and you are then billed via credit card for the cost of return. I used FedEx, as they were the easiest and most helpful company of all I spoke with. I created my account over the phone via their toll free number, and the courier brought all the supplies I needed when he came to pick up.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your advice TheNewKiwi!