Thread: Email based employment contract

Default Email based employment contract

Hi all,

I'm applying for SMC from offshore, and I got a job offer from a NZ company. The employment contract is email based (it was signed, scanned and then sent to me via email).
    My question is: Can I just submit the printed version of the contract, or should I ask the company to send me a paper contract.

In your place, I would submit the printout, ask the firm to send a paper version, and tell INZ it is to follow.

I was in the same situation. I sent INZ the pdf scanned letter of job offer and contract and had no issue getting a WTR visa. I sent the same document again for my SCM application. My CO did not ask for the paper version. She said my application has been assessed and is with the quality control team now and she will contact me again if any issue arises. So I don’t know if the second person check officer will require to see the paper contract or not. Fingers crossed they will only check with my employer and do not require me to send anything else. I don’t want any delay because I will have to give my current employer 3 month notice before I can resign to join the new organization in NZ and it’s about time for me to give my current employer the notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nek Nora View Post
    Hi all,

I'm applying for SMC from offshore, and I got a job offer from a NZ company. The employment contract is email based (it was signed, scanned and then sent to me via email).
    My question is: Can I just submit the printed version of the contract, or should I ask the company to send me a paper contract.

Thank you guys for the answers, which are truly appreciated.