Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking the Status of an Application

Default Checking the Status of an Application

We used to be able to log in to check the "status" of an application.

But, no more.

I spoke this morning w/the Immigration call center on the phone, and she said they have "discontinued the service". When I asked her why, she said she did not know. Very sad -- I used to enjoy logging in and seeing the word "pending" every day. It made me feel like I could do something to "participate"! Sadly, I think it will have the unwelcome result of Immigration getting more phone calls for status updates, and they already had an over-extended call center. Probably not the outcome they will be looking for.

Interesting.

I am still able to login to https://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/ and see my current immigration status and a list of my pending and previous visas. Including my resident visa I lodged in February with status 'Pending'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rease View Post
    We used to be able to log in to check the "status" of an application.

But, no more.

I spoke this morning w/the Immigration call center on the phone, and she said they have "discontinued the service". When I asked her why, she said she did not know. Very sad -- I used to enjoy logging in and seeing the word "pending" every day. It made me feel like I could do something to "participate"! Sadly, I think it will have the unwelcome result of Immigration getting more phone calls for status updates, and they already had an over-extended call center. Probably not the outcome they will be looking for.
    Heaven forbid they be honest with us and tell us what is actually going on to reduce the number of calls they get

I can still see mine though, may just be because I had a few visas over the years and they can't take the entire page down as I need access to the details of my current one from it.

When they reduced the service to what it has just recently been, people who were already "in" the more informative previous version could still see their previous page. It just didn't get altered any more.

I can still see my "pending" status on line...

I think it will have the unwelcome result of Immigration getting more phone calls for status updates, and they already had an over-extended call center. Probably not the outcome they will be looking for.
    Being cynical, I'm thinking that perhaps somebody behind the scenes is thinking, 'Aha, if people phone up and take hours and hours to get through, lots of them won't bother ringing any more.'

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    When they reduced the service to what it has just recently been, people who were already "in" the more informative previous version could still see their previous page. It just didn't get altered any more.
    what does it mean?? (sorry for my misunderstanding).......does it mean "pending" will remain "pending" even of application is approved?

or you mean old applicants can still see there application status and new applicants cant?

regards,

We can't tell what will happen with this most recent change. The previous change kept the "pending" and "approved" options going. But nobody official has said what will be done this time. Maybe access to the page will be closed down completely, or maybe it will remain frozen as it is, for those who can still see it - but those are only my guesses. It's going to be a matter where everyone has to wait and see.

That's really interesting because my RealMe account doesn't update the status of applications I've submitted through there - it says 'Submitted' even for my approved visas - and doesn't have the correct application number. One of my Work visas on the Real Me account says 'Submitted' and when I click into it, it shows 'Letters from INZ' which is the approval letter.

Whereas Online Services contains all visas I've applied for and their 'Approved' or 'Pending' status - along with the actual application number as quoted to me by the confirmation email I received from INZ. However, Online Services doesn't contain approval letters or any documentation.

So when they say they don't update the status anymore (which they've actually been saying for about 2 years) I wonder if they mean the RealMe account and not the Online Services account.

Either way, it is pretty important to keep in mind that the online status should not be taken as 'official' until you receive an official letter or correspondence from INZ - which is what I think they're trying to get people to understand.

in my case also, the online services site has some wrong details like the old passport number tied to my residence visa, but my letter has the new passport details and I called up Immigration to clarify on this and they told not to worry as they got the right info on their systems. Always the letter we get is the proof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast