Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Significant shift' in temporary work visa system announced by Government

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 'Significant shift' in temporary work visa system announced by Government

Wow! This is huge. I wonder how open employers will be to becoming accredited – many companies don't want to do it. I guess it's a move to try and force companies to hire more kiwis. If National get into power next year they will have other ideas no doubt.

I've definitely seen a shift recently in companies suddenly becoming accredited for very little reason so I think there was a tip off issued about these changes as our HR department was aware something was coming and got their accreditation sorted earlier in the year. We suspected accreditation would be part of any change so it's nice to see we were bang on the money with our observations of the situation. Now if only they actually looked at all those applications

I wonder what will happen with the Work to Residence Visa in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankgo View Post
    I wonder what will happen with the Work to Residence Visa in this case.
    The news says the visa category will be closed down from 2020 and salary requirement will be increased for transition phase.

Talent visa have new rules 7 OCt 2019 onwards

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...oyer-work-visa

here you go. you can read this about Talent Visa changes
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...oyer-work-visa

Well this is scary. Both the LTSS and Talent Visas are Residency pathways, which they are essentially closing now. What's even more dubious about this is that they have the gall to allow entire families to come over with no pathway to residency - basically they want people to come in, build the country, and then kick them out as soon as they feel they don't need them anymore. No remorse for the people and families who have been displaced in the process. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by BoerieNZ View Post
    Well this is scary. Both the LTSS and Talent Visas are Residency pathways, which they are essentially closing now. What's even more dubious about this is that they have the gall to allow entire families to come over with no pathway to residency - basically they want people to come in, build the country, and then kick them out as soon as they feel they don't need them anymore. No remorse for the people and families who have been displaced in the process. Well done.
    Middle East style. Work as long as your employer needs you, for no option to become resident.

Well guys and girls, all we need to do now is to wait for news on the SMC Residency Visa changes. Since they're clamping down (HARD) on anyone trying to become resident, I suspect they are either going to close the pathway completely or throw it in the "forget about it bin" like they did with the parent category. I am going to have a chat with my partner tonight about relocating to Australia or another country.
    Last edited by BoerieNZ; 17th September 2019 at 05:43 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast