Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Significant shift' in temporary work visa system announced by Government

Quote Originally Posted by lilswtangel View Post
    I'm eligible to apply for the Talent Resident Visa next February but I'm expecting processing times to take 5 - 8 months with my current Talent Accredited Employer Work Visa expiring in August which means that potentially my resident visa wouldn't be processed in time before the work visa expires. I was planning to renew the visa next July if the resident application was still in process.

Should I renew the Talent Work visa now even though it doesn't expire until next August? Come 7th October, I won't be eligible for it when the threshold increases to nearly $80,000.

If I do renew before 7th Oct, would the nearly two years I've spent on my current Talent Work visa count towards eligibility for Feb's resident visa application or would I have need to work a further two years to become eligible again?
    There is nothing in the information so far made available by INZ to tell us what the situation will be for someone wanting to renew their Talent (Accredited Employer) Visa next year while waiting for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Residence Visa. You need to ask this question of INZ themselves. I very much doubt that anyone has thought far enough ahead to prime the telephone answerers with an answer to this yet, so to put the question in an email (after doing a we-know-it-will-be-useless search here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/search) would probably be the safest way to get a clear answer.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There is nothing in the information so far made available by INZ to tell us what the situation will be for someone wanting to renew their Talent (Accredited Employer) Visa next year while waiting for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Residence Visa. You need to ask this question of INZ themselves. I very much doubt that anyone has thought far enough ahead to prime the telephone answerers with an answer to this yet, so to put the question in an email (after doing a we-know-it-will-be-useless search here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/search) would probably be the safest way to get a clear answer.
    Thanks for the suggestion JandM. I sent a query and will update this thread with an answer in case there are others who have questions about renewing their current Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...ary-work-visas

Sorry if it's been posted already

In the immigration website, it says 90% of Talent Resident Visas are approved within 4 months. I guess that's why they gave 30 months so that they have work visa holders have six months allowance before the visa expires and lodge their residency. But it's very unpredictable as of the moment tbh.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder

I'm currently a holder of Work to Residence visa and received a mail today from INZ.
    Part of it says:

What this means for you

This change will not affect you. The conditions of your current Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa remain the same. You can apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa if your salary is NZD $55,000 or more and you have held your work visa for at least 24 months.

If you apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa

If you need to apply for another Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa while you wait for your application for a resident visa to be completed, you will only need a salary of NZD $55,000 or more, even if you submit your application after 7 October.

So I am relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by ml12791 View Post
    I'm currently a holder of Work to Residence visa and received a mail today from INZ.
    Part of it says:

What this means for you

This change will not affect you. The conditions of your current Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa remain the same. You can apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa if your salary is NZD $55,000 or more and you have held your work visa for at least 24 months.

If you apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa

If you need to apply for another Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa while you wait for your application for a resident visa to be completed, you will only need a salary of NZD $55,000 or more, even if you submit your application after 7 October.

So I am relieved.
    Same, also received the email from INZ...I was just about to update my post.

This is great news, super relieved.

This is good news - very pleased for you! (INZ didn't react fast enough NOT to worry all the Talent (Accredited Employer) Visa holders.)

I've uncovered this factsheet, aimed at employers, but that answers the question of what will happen with the current Work to Residence streams when the new Work Visa policies take effect in 2021.

The answer is quite simple: you will need to earn 200% of the median salary and have held your Work Visa for at least 2 years to be eligible to be granted a Resident Visa based solely on your previous Work Visa.

For people that will not qualify for residence this way, applying for a Resident Visa via the Skilled Migrant Category will remain an option.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123