Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical PPIs very vague

The update on my mother's visitor visa is that even after 2 weeks the medical team has not responded with their comments. I have asked the INZ manager (the same as previous application) to look into the delay and she asked me to give her some time to look into it. She has now come back to me asking for updated medicals for my mother, her exact words being '‘I have consulted the medical team and whilst they are happy to consider the current test results it may be better to submit fresh medicals which might help with the outcome.''

Does this mean she is suggesting we do this or is this something the medical team may have told her informally?

Has anyone been in this situation?

I don't think she could have given a bigger hint - it may be better to submit fresh medicals which might help with the outcome. Get all that information from the consultant laid out in one letter that spells it out in an easy-to-read format.

The Immigration manager suggested I provide updated general medicals (made no sense) intead of updated heart reports.

I have already submitted opinions of 3 different cardiologists stating that my mom has stable health.

The medical assessor has come back as not ASH based on old reports even for a short 3 month visitor visa. Does not seem to be any point in engaging with Immigration NZ if they have already made up their mind about this.

Feeling super dejected!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12