Thread: Wrong employer accreditation number

Default Wrong employer accreditation number

Hello,

first of all, thanks to the forum, I found it very useful so far!

I'm in the process, hopefully, to immigrate to NZ, thanks to a job offer from a government body under a talent accredited employer VISA.

Yesterday morning I submitted my group application (for me and my family), but, 10 minutes after, I got a message from my future employer apologizing because they gave me the wrong Employer accreditation number, and wrong ANZSCO code... I don't know if this mistake it's considered something trivial or can affect my application in terms of time and checks, so I called immediately the immigration contact centre...

They said that they couldn't see my application yet (they could see the application of my wife and my son though), probably because it takes some time for the application to be processed and be visible in their systems... For this reason they suggested to upload a cover letter explaining what happened and providing the correct numbers, which I did.

Should I call them again on Monday to double-check if my application is in their system, and everything is ok? Should I ask to update the application, even if I uploaded the cover letter with these details?
    my job offer is conditional to have a work visa approved by the beginning of November... I understand that this is a short deadline for a VISA, do you think this could be a good motivation to ask to prioritize (EVE) my VISA?

Thanks in advance!

Should I call them again on Monday to double-check if my application is in their system, and everything is ok?
    I would do that in your place.
    Should I ask to update the application, even if I uploaded the cover letter with these details?
    It shouldn't be necessary. You can think about it again after you talk to them on Monday.
    my job offer is conditional to have a work visa approved by the beginning of November... I understand that this is a short deadline for a VISA, do you think this could be a good motivation to ask to prioritize (EVE) my VISA?
    You can ask, but you will see elsewhere on this forum (https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55826 Read the whole thread.) the official reasons which are recognized for giving priority - if your job or situation doesn't meet those criteria, you won't get prioritized.

Employers (even government bodies with accreditation) can't effectively put pressure on INZ like this - their would-be employees are in the queues along with everyone else. It's not the applicant's fault that INZ have a backlog, so making a job offer conditional on grant of the visa, when s/he has no control over the timing, is very unfair.

I called this morning, and my application is ok, so nothing to worry. When I asked about the wrong accreditation number, the operator said that they just need to be sure that the immigration officer will check the cover letter first... When I asked if I have to do something about that, she said I have to do nothing. I suppose should be ok.

Regarding the prioritization, I partially agree with you. It's not unreasonable for an employer to set a deadline for a job offer, I cannot expect them to wait for me forever. In my case though, I think the deadline is a bit too short.. We will see
    I sent a prioritization request to the email, because reading the topic you linked, I had the impression that it's worth to try... We will see! Thanks