Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Normal SMC - On Hold ?

When I asked for an escalation and said the queue had seemingly halted at 7th December applications they were adament that the queue had not halted. Their actual wording was:

Please note that allocations have not halted, but currently we have more work on hand than we are able to allocate out. I can confirm that allocations do still happen on a regular basis.

NZ has seen huge rise in student visa since last year August when new post study work permit rule was introduced. INZ is doing extra verification to takeout dummy students or such students which they lable as potential Immigrant. Short of staff and high volume of visa could be the reason for delay in Partner visa, SMC and other category.

I work for an inter-governmental organisation. Does that somehow qualify for a prioritisation application?

Quote Originally Posted by cjvk69 View Post
    I work for an inter-governmental organisation. Does that somehow qualify for a prioritisation application?
    i dont think inter-goven organization itself qualify to be priorities. unless you are refering to hospital or areas where they urgently need people

Any updates on the normal SMC applications ???

I called the call centre today and was informed to call back in 2 weeks to find out if I have been allocated a CO ( lodgement 20th Dec 2018). If still not allocated they said it will be escalated as I would have crossed 11 months of lodgement. I was only informed that they are still only allocating start of Dec 2018.
    Basically no progress at all..

I rang INZ last week to change my address and inquired about our SMC application (submitted May 2019) and the guy on the phone couldn’t give me any updates. He asked which branch I submitted it to and I said Manukau and he looked in the system and told me it doesn’t say which month is currently getting allocated to a CO in Manukau but apparently he can see it for other branches....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12