Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Normal SMC - On Hold ?

Question Normal SMC - On Hold ?

Hi,

IS INZ still assigning CO for the Normal SMC - ITA submitted in 2019 or the process is on hold?

There has been no further direct news of this since the media items sparked by EGoodhue's requests for information before she went on maternity leave.

I have never heard SMC would be on hold.... Where did you hear that from or what made you think so? I submitted my application last week and still havent been charged.. Would that be why nothing has happened yet???

no one knows for sure. Seems to be very little movement in the December applicants thread so that doesn't bode well that they are assigning case officers to us regular applications as some in there should be close to the front of the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by jungminlee View Post
    I have never heard SMC would be on hold.... Where did you hear that from or what made you think so? I submitted my application last week and still havent been charged.. Would that be why nothing has happened yet???
    See the link given here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...681#post583681, and that whole (long) thread.

Thank you JandM.
    My employer is an SOE. Do you think INZ would consider an SOE as a govt department and put mine in the priority list?

It could be worth asking, but I don't know. Has anybody out there tried?

Processing is not 'on hold' per se, but INZ appears to be selectively processing some applications very quickly (in 1 - 3 months), and putting all the other applications in the 'slow lane', meaning that at the moment some applications lodged last year have still not been assigned a case officer.

Ive just sent a querying email to INZ. Will update once I get an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    Processing is not 'on hold' per se, but INZ appears to be selectively processing some applications very quickly (in 1 - 3 months), and putting all the other applications in the 'slow lane', meaning that at the moment some applications lodged last year have still not been assigned a case officer.
    The 'slow lane' has not been touched since June.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast