Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-Study Work Visa

Default Post-Study Work Visa

Hi all! Anyone applied for Post-Study Work Visa here? How long did it take? Some of my batchmates got theirs today. They submitted Aug 28 and Sept 4.

I finished my Level 8 Post grad diploma in IT. I lodged my application last Sept 9, 2019. Immigration asked for additional Health Info last Sept 16 and results submitted Sept 18.

Quote Originally Posted by kdJacob View Post
    Hi all! Anyone applied for Post-Study Work Visa here? How long did it take? Some of my batchmates got theirs today. They submitted Aug 28 and Sept 4.

I finished my Level 8 Post grad diploma in IT. I lodged my application last Sept 9, 2019. Immigration asked for additional Health Info last Sept 16 and results submitted Sept 18.
    Hi,

It used to be quickest visa to process. Received within 3 weeks in my case, but it was last March 2019. In case referred to immigration medicals team in Wellington, it can be delayed as it is centralised function and they work on first come basis.

Thanks,
    Saumya

Thanks for your reply Saumya! Yesterday marks my 3rd week on waiting. Most likely it is delayed as it was referred to medical team. Hoping to get results this week.

Hi kdJacob, did you called the immigration regarding your status? I think you have similar situation with my partner. He applied last Aug 15 and his medical was referred to MA. When we called the immigration he was declared ASH last Sept 11 and there is no pending anymore. However, for some unknown reason, his CO didn't release his Visa yet. The CO didn't contacted him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by danica06 View Post
    Hi kdJacob, did you called the immigration regarding your status? I think you have similar situation with my partner. He applied last Aug 15 and his medical was referred to MA. When we called the immigration he was declared ASH last Sept 11 and there is no pending anymore. However, for some unknown reason, his CO didn't release his Visa yet. The CO didn't contacted him as well.

Hi danica06! The last time I called, after I submit the additional health information, they said my application is with the CO. I will call again to ask my status.

For your partner, is it showing as approved already online at his RealMe account?

No, status is submitted. When we call immigration, we are always told to wait as it will be released shortly but its already passed the 37 days time frame and not even a single email has been sent to us.

danica06, one possible reason that you haven't heard anything yet could be that your partner's CO may still be verifying evidence about other aspects of the application.

Hi JandM, Everytime time we call the immigration, they always tell us that everything is done, its only a matter of CO releasing it, but until now she haven't. Not sure why. ;(

It's a mystery, then...

I forgot to update this thread. I got my visa last Oct 4 and my full time job starts today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast