Thread: Wellington shops??

Default Wellington shops??

Hello Everyone!

I'm here, I'm really here
    I've rented a cottage a a farm north of Masterton. I clocked it in the car, it is exactly equal distance to town as it is to my work at Mt Bruce.

The landlords, have loaned me a table and chairs, mattress, dresser and microwave.

I am struggling a bit as the cottage does not have a fridge!!
    I passed on a dorm fridge at a second hand shop and I am now regretting that.

Anyway...I'm thinking I might pop down to Wellington this weekend and look around.

Could you locals tell me about some nice second hand shops.
    I have looked at the 2 shops in Masterton, and 1 in Carterton, nothing there at the moment that I am interested in. Now that hubby has been here (did a fabulous job getting me all settled in- he's a gem!) and seen the prices of furnishing a household, his thinking of shipping over more than originally planned. I will just need a few more things to get by until he and the "stuff" arrive.

So thrilled to be here. People are so lovely, the job is a dream...so far, so good. (am a tad lonesome without the hubby and the dogs).

Cheers

Rosemary

Not sure on 2nd hand shops in welly im afraid - minds gone blank

But if you do get lonely - I could always meet you for coffee in Masterton

Welcome to the Wiararapa

Rosemary

Susan and I have been to a few. I know one in Porirua, Susan will know the exact address. They do electrical stuff.

There is a shop called Abel Tasman that does second hand goods in welly with a big Sally army next door. I know where they are but can look up the street name for you.

There are loads about but they tend to be in the places like Petone, Miramar etc not really the CBD.

Welcome to NZ.[img]images/smilies/rae%27s_dancing_banana.gif[/img] Don't be lonely, if you are in town we can meet for coffee.

Deborah.

Welcome to the Wairarapa

Have a look on trademe as well they seem to always have a bargain.

Unsure of any second hand shops in Wellington though. The only place I seem to recall having second hand goods was LV Martin at Ngauranga Gorge on the way into Wellington.

Another place to find secondhand stuff is Cash Converters, they have branches in most major suburbs as well as the CBD....Salvation Army can also be a good bargain hunting ground (its a good idea to let the manger know what you are looking for and they will contact you when something suitable is donated to them).
    Good Luck !

Yippeee for you, congratulations! We'll see you in July.

I'm so glad you sound happy and as if you're settling in well. Keep us updated.

There's the Sallies & some other furniture place on Ghuznee St in Welly...but only if you want overpriced, tatty crap. I'm assuming you don't

There's heaps on Jackson St in Petone.

Best bet by FAR though is trade me. I bought heaps of housey stuff on there for next to nowt.

Good luck.

Default Thanks to All Wellies

Thank you all.

When I make it to Wellington, I will try to find the shops.

I am currently bidding on 2 items on TradeMe!!
    Hopefully I'll have cool beverages this weekend--if I get the fridge!!

Thanks again to all!!

(10+ hour day at work today- sunburned and tired- heading to bed)

Rosemary

Default Rental

You can also rent one for a few bucks a week. I know at the corner of Dixon and Cuba there is a rental place that can get you a fride for $12 per week. This is what I did because I was not sure I was really settled yet, perhaps one more move when I buy a home. Thus, I did not want to commit to any heavy whiteware.

Jonathon