Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMC ITA Help

Thanks for sharing this Deverett

Hi All,

Just want to check if immigration NZ ask for form INZ1209 anymore?
    Haven't seen this form in required documents list in the ITA letter.

Do we need to add this form explicitly by our own?

Thanks!

INZ ask only SOME people for this form, and there is no publicly available explanation of the criteria. If you haven't been asked, don't do one - be thankful.

If anyone knows how many days it takes to get fees deducted once ITA documents are delivered to INZ ?

Also, is thr anyway to know if eMedical reports submitted are accepted or referred to MA ? Any timeframe for this?

Thanks

It varies depending on how many applications get there just before yours.

Once the application is lodged, a first scan by clerks is done, to see if the evidence submitted appears to support the points claimed (without any verification, which will be for the CO to do), and at that stage the applicant will be told if something more seems to be needed, and ALSO around then, usually, if the computer scan of the incoming eMedical has sent it off to the MAs. So in most cases, in those early stages, no news is good news, but nobody normally specifically says that your medical has passed.

Hi re your first question - I had similar problem. I was refused to get a US visitor Visa in the first interview back in 2016 but in the following week I applied it again and was approved.

After that every time I applied NZ visas I always mentioned that. In the SMC form, I did said "YES" to B12, and write down the detail again in the explanation section (you need to do this section if you say "YES" anyway). I declared that I have never been refused entry physically and I am hoping they would read my explanation, understand the circumstance and get it corrected themselves if I shouldn't put YES. The worst scenario I would imagine is that they have internal screening/prioritization process, so once you indicate any "YES" or problems historically in any questions they asked, your application will sit aside for long time and be picked up and processed at much slower speed ( they will process and prioritize easier, clear cases first and do your application much more carefully with extra external verifications etc ) especially in this current situation. I have been waiting for CO allocation for nine months yet nothing happened.

just my opinion though and could be wrong.

interesting to noted that when I was applying for my previous student and current work visa they did separate "refuse entry" and "refuse visa" in two questions, which is more clear and let me think they do distinguish two scenarios, but choose not to do so in SMC intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It varies depending on how many applications get there just before yours.

Once the application is lodged, a first scan by clerks is done, to see if the evidence submitted appears to support the points claimed (without any verification, which will be for the CO to do), and at that stage the applicant will be told if something more seems to be needed, and ALSO around then, usually, if the computer scan of the incoming eMedical has sent it off to the MAs. So in most cases, in those early stages, no news is good news, but nobody normally specifically says that your medical has passed.
    Thanks JandM
    That means in most of the cases medical acceptance is indicated when application fee is deducted?

Quote Originally Posted by areyouhappy View Post
    Hi re your first question - I had similar problem. I was refused to get a US visitor Visa in the first interview back in 2016 but in the following week I applied it again and was approved.

After that every time I applied NZ visas I always mentioned that. In the SMC form, I did said "YES" to B12, and write down the detail again in the explanation section (you need to do this section if you say "YES" anyway). I declared that I have never been refused entry physically and I am hoping they would read my explanation, understand the circumstance and get it corrected themselves if I shouldn't put YES. The worst scenario I would imagine is that they have internal screening/prioritization process, so once you indicate any "YES" or problems historically in any questions they asked, your application will sit aside for long time and be picked up and processed at much slower speed ( they will process and prioritize easier, clear cases first and do your application much more carefully with extra external verifications etc ) especially in this current situation. I have been waiting for CO allocation for nine months yet nothing happened.

just my opinion though and could be wrong.

interesting to noted that when I was applying for my previous student and current work visa they did separate "refuse entry" and "refuse visa" in two questions, which is more clear and let me think they do distinguish two scenarios, but choose not to do so in SMC intentionally.
    Thanks for your update.

I marked this question B12 as NO while submitting EOI.
    As per guidance from JandM, Deverett and others, I added to additional information page of SMC application stating that “I have not been refused entry to any country from the port of entry. But I got my student visa refused in year 2008” pointing to this question B12 of page 7.

INZ is asking (some applicants) to fill INZ 1209 form and provide details for any visa refusal along with other details.
    To me, question B3 and B12 are almost same and just creating confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy08 View Post
    Thanks JandM
    That means in most of the cases medical acceptance is indicated when application fee is deducted?
    Like I said, around that time. If you don't hear to the contrary within three weeks or so, you're probably safe to assume you have ASH. (It's not possible to be exact. Every case has a variety of different systems working on aspects of it, and they're not synchronized.)

Quote Originally Posted by sandy08 View Post
    Thanks for your update.

I marked this question B12 as NO while submitting EOI.
    As per guidance from JandM, Deverett and others, I added to additional information page of SMC application stating that “I have not been refused entry to any country from the port of entry. But I got my student visa refused in year 2008” pointing to this question B12 of page 7.

INZ is asking (some applicants) to fill INZ 1209 form and provide details for any visa refusal along with other details.
    To me, question B3 and B12 are almost same and just creating confusion.
    We did exactly this. I'm the essential skills visa is separated visa refusals and refused entry so I don't believe they were asking about refusals. We just declared it to be completely honest with then and submitted the documents to show why it was rejected and then subsequently approved to show it was a false refusal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12