Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC ITA Help

Default SMC ITA Help

Hi All,

I am in process of collecting documents for the SMC Category ITA. But getting confused with couple of things.

1. B12. Have you ever been refused entry to any country, including New Zealand?

While submitting EOI, I had mentioned above point B12 as NO. As it states entry refusal and not the visa refusals. However, I got my USA students visa refused back in year 2009. Do I need to mention this under any section of the application form INZ1104 or need to attach any additional form while sending the ITA? Or mentioning visa refusals are not required?

2. Work Experience Docs: Offer Letter and Experience certificate are sufficient for work experience evidence?
    3. Any other form apart from INZ1104 needs to be submitted?

Thanks!!

We declared a visa refusal to make sure it didn't come back to bite us. I'm not sure that you need to as it's not technically refusal of entry as once refused the visa there was no attempt made to enter that country. The refusal got overturned with a reapplication so we included details of the refusal and subsequent acceptance to show it was a non issue even to the country involved. Just figured I'd rather put everything on the table than then find out on their own and it cause problems.

Have to be careful with this. A close friend of mine was about to move to NZ when she had a character issue by not declaring a visa refusal in the past. Even after a thorough explanation of "forgetting", her NZ visa was declined.

I can tell with reasonable amount of confidence that entry refusal is OLNY denial of entry once you have arrived at a particular port / airport of destination country. I believe it has nothing to do with visa refusal which INZ also understands that it can be {some times} refused with no reasons 😄. I am not a LIA, so take my perception as a lay man knowledge.

Thanks Deverett, Charcharbinks and Tariq for your reply.

Thinking to mention about visa refusal under Additional Information section. Hope, providing extra information will not have bad impact.

Getting a visa refused is not necessarily any reflection on your character. It can simply be that at the time, for instance, your home situation didn't meet that particular country's requirements, or the course didn't, or your finances didn't. If you explain the circumstances, and also say that you hadn't mentioned it before because you weren't refused entry to the country because you didn't go there without a visa, it should make everything clear. Good luck.

Thanks JandM for providing clarity. I will provide the details under additional information.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Getting a visa refused is not necessarily any reflection on your character. It can simply be that at the time, for instance, your home situation didn't meet that particular country's requirements, or the course didn't, or your finances didn't. If you explain the circumstances, and also say that you hadn't mentioned it before because you weren't refused entry to the country because you didn't go there without a visa, it should make everything clear. Good luck.
    This is what we did. We ticked no to the questions but on the actual application included it as extra information. The refusal was they believed the visitor visa was to sell pseudo residency but another application with more evidence overturned it and add we are now in NZ proved the pseudo residency was never chased. The important bit is you didn't attempt to enter the country and get turned away.
    Last edited by deverett; 9th October 2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Auto correct error

Hi JandM, Deverett,

I lived for almost 2 years in New Zealand. Do I need to get PCC from New Zealand too?
    I am an off-shore SMC Category applicant.

Thanks!

According to this bit of their site they will apply for one for New Zealand for you:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast