Thread: Can someone help me to understand one of the financial requirement criteria for Parent Resident Visa?

Default Can someone help me to understand one of the financial requirement criteria for Parent Resident Visa?

I have read all the news and details for new changes in parent resident visa.
    I want to sponsor my single mom. The new income requirement is NZD $106,080 (1 sponsor for 1 parent )

I am going through
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ns-reopen-2020

I need some clarification for the following point.

Sponsors will also need to:
    meet the income criteria for 2 out of the 3 years before their parents applied for residence.

My income till 31 March 2019 is just below $100,000. From April 2019 it's above $120,000. I am a permanent employee in a good company in Auckland. Going by calculation, I can meet the financial requirements with 2 years period from Oct 2018 - Oct -2020.

ie. I can only apply after Nov 2020.

How it the date calculated (date of application)? Is it the same as submitting EOI or the date when you finally submit your application when your EOI is selected?

I have already submitted the EOI (around a couple of months back) and its in the queue. As per the information, I will receive an email to change the EOI or withdraw it completely. I am in doubt about what to do.
    Last edited by gaurav; 8th October 2019 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav View Post
    I have read all the news and details for new changes in parent resident visa.
    I want to sponsor my single mom. The new income requirement is NZD $106,080 (1 sponsor for 1 parent )

I am going through
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ns-reopen-2020

I need some clarification for the following point.

Sponsors will also need to:
    meet the income criteria for 2 out of the 3 years before their parents applied for residence.

My income till 31 March 2019 is just below $100,000. From April 2019 it's above $120,000. I am a permanent employee in a good company in Auckland. Going by calculation, I can meet the financial requirements with 2 years period from Oct 2018 - Oct -2020.

ie. I can only apply after Nov 2020.

How it the date calculated (date of application)? Is it the same as submitting EOI or the date when you finally submit your application when your EOI is selected?

I have already submitted the EOI (around a couple of months back) and its in the queue. As per the information, I will receive an email to change the EOI or withdraw it completely. I am in doubt about what to do.
    Hi Gaurav,

We all are in same boat and I don't think anyone will be able to answer precisely until we get further information from immigration. I expect more clarity at a later stage. My initial understanding is that the sponsor should be able to show case annual income meeting the criteria for two years. So, you might probably be eligible to apply in Nov. 2020. But it is just a layman thought at the moment.

Thanks,
    Saumya

I completely agree with VedSaumya. Eventually, the new regulations will be written up in an INZ factsheet - this is the old one, still with the banner saying that the category is closed for the moment https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa - and then the Criteria tab will state the requirements properly. They will also be in the operational manual, once it gets updated to include them. Until then, nobody has anything to refer to.

Thanks. I was waiting for this visa for long time. Will wait for the criteria.