Thread: Delay in Issuance of Visas

Default Delay in Issuance of Visas

Hi,
    My SMC application was approved on 11-Sep-2019. I sent my passports on 15-Sep-2019 ans passports were returned by VAC on 17-Sep-19.

In AIP letter it was mentioned that it may take atleast 2 weeks for issuance of visas.

Now it is over 3 weeks and I have not yet reveived evisas.

I just want to ask if somebody knows whom should I follow up for status of visa issuance?? Is it CO? Or someone else?

Regards,

Once the CO has added your name to the list to be notified that your visa has been granted, his/her responsibility for you is over. So any further queries will need to be to the call centre.

I might be cynical...but is it possible that VAC has not yet sent my data to INZ??

How can it be confirmed that VAC has verified my passport and confirmed that to INZ?? I only have payment receipt from VAC and nothing else. VAC or INZ did not confirm anythin through email that my passport has been reveived ane verified.

I called the call centre but they dont know anything where exactly my application stands. They only status they told me is what I already knew and they did not provide any further information.

I think you can try emailing the CO and humbly requesting him/her for a favor to follow up on your status. Who knows? They might check their database and let you know. Otherwise you can also mention in the email to let you know who to contact if it's not their scope of work anymore. The CO might provide you email of some other person maybe.

Hi msum,

I sent an email to CO last week but still did not get any response ....

Send another email with 'Reminder' written on it. I used to send reminders every 2-3 days until I used to get a response. Try emailing around 7 am NZ time so that it stays top in their inbox

My CO always used to respond on 2-3 reminders. Never on first email.

It's not possible to follow up closely every detail of what is happening in INZ offices. You were told it would take AT LEAST two weeks - many people recently have had to wait four and more. So no official would think there was anything greatly to be surprised at, or to start urgent action, hearing about your present situation.