Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: Partnership work visa delays

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Sounds very unreasonable, you are allowed to find out as much as as the LIA I believe as long as you answer the security questions on the phone. Only thing the LIA will have that you won’t have is access to the application online. And if immigration need any more documents etc they will just go through the LIA. It’s still YOUR application at the end of the day, you should be allowed to check on your application whenever you like over the phone if you think you’d be better off.

    Maybe it’s just their way of going doing things, not sure why though

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lda View Post
    My LIA said I can't call INZ directly unless I terminate contract with him, since INZ can only speak to one party.
    For years it has been the case that INZ would only speak to EITHER the applicant OR the representative they named on their application (because it doubles the work if the CO or other official is trying to respond twice over about the same matters). This isn't the LIA's decision - it's INZ's. I'm surprised that INZ would answer anyone whose case is noted as having an LIA in place. Maybe if this happened, it was inexperienced people on the other end who didn't check that point.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    For years it has been the case that INZ would only speak to EITHER the applicant OR the representative they named on their application (because it doubles the work if the CO or other official is trying to respond twice over about the same matters). This isn't the LIA's decision - it's INZ's. I'm surprised that INZ would answer anyone whose case is noted as having an LIA in place. Maybe if this happened, it was inexperienced people on the other end who didn't check that point.
    Thanks JandM. So far I haven't made 1 phone call to INZ by myself as I know they would record phone calls.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigSFC View Post
    I would keep ringing honestly I got different answers every time, it took me about 3 calls to find out it had been allocated. The first couple of times it was still waiting to be processed but when I did find out it had been allocated it had been nearly 4 weeks since a CO had it. So I don’t think the immigration call centre have too much info, but I do think they can look into it a lot further if you ask them too and tell them your concerns about the wait. Every phone call you give them shows on the system and will obviously show them you are getting fed up of all the wait and might give it the little boost it needs for it to be processed quicker.

    I would just say, it says on the website 5 months, and it’s been longer than this, I don’t think it’s fair to advertise this when peoples lives are on hold because of the time frames not being matched. Say you can’t make any plans for the future cause you don’t know if you can stay here etc. Just make it sound like you really need a decision to be made urgently for you and your partners sake. I wrote a letter last week saying I had just been offered a job and I need to give them an answer ASAP but right now I can’t take it because of all the wait. I would really like to take the job and I stated this so that was my kind of letter of urgency.

    Hope this helps and good luck ��

    Hi CraigSFC

    Any update on your case?

    We uploaded the urgency letter on Saturday night and said we need to have it processed as soon as possible as we have exceeded the maximum timeframe by a month. We have not heard anything yet. I’m just waiting for that “your communication with INZ” email anxiously. I check the email so often I think Im going crazy!

    We are thinking of calling on Saturday but are fearing to hear once again that its still in the queue...

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelife95 View Post
    Hi CraigSFC

    Any update on your case?

    We uploaded the urgency letter on Saturday night and said we need to have it processed as soon as possible as we have exceeded the maximum timeframe by a month. We have not heard anything yet. I’m just waiting for that “your communication with INZ” email anxiously. I check the email so often I think Im going crazy!

    We are thinking of calling on Saturday but are fearing to hear once again that its still in the queue...
    Hi lovelife95,

    I emailed my CO last Friday evening after I got her email through immigration call centre. I got a response on Monday afternoon saying something like, ‘I apologise for the delay in processing your application but I will give you feedback or request further information by Thursday the 24th of October latest’. So that’s something at least but not holding on to any hope.

    I would give them a call and see if they received it and if anything is getting done about it. I check my emails literally every 15 mins or so as well, so you’re not the only one, I feel your pain! I really hope for some good news for you very soon

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    46

    Default

    That's really good news! I'm glad your CO replied to you. Some COs are really nice and will keep updating you. Please keep us updated!

    We called INZ for an update last night and we were told that the Hamilton Branch are assigning 14 April applications as of 18 October. The operator told us that our application will be assigned in the next week or so and we should hear from him/her if they need anything. I asked the operator why she could tell me this now as in the past we were not told any certain dates like this. Maybe a note had been left on our application after sending the urgency request. Who knows. Anyways, I'm gonna take it. I'm thinking of calling again on Saturday if we don't get an email from a CO requesting anything this week to find out if we have been assigned.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Remember, when your case is assigned to a CO, it will go to the back of his/her rotating queue of workload at first, then will have to work its way to the front for its first turn for attention. You may not hear anything even then, as there may be nothing the CO needs to check WITH YOU - s/he may communicate with other people to verify evidence. And not all COs routinely announce themselves when your case goes to them.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelife95 View Post
    That's really good news! I'm glad your CO replied to you. Some COs are really nice and will keep updating you. Please keep us updated!

    We called INZ for an update last night and we were told that the Hamilton Branch are assigning 14 April applications as of 18 October. The operator told us that our application will be assigned in the next week or so and we should hear from him/her if they need anything. I asked the operator why she could tell me this now as in the past we were not told any certain dates like this. Maybe a note had been left on our application after sending the urgency request. Who knows. Anyways, I'm gonna take it. I'm thinking of calling again on Saturday if we don't get an email from a CO requesting anything this week to find out if we have been assigned.
    Yep some of the immigration call centre people give you different answers than others, some are more specific and a lot more helpful, hence why it’s good to keep calling them in my opinion. My CO has had my visa since September the 1st so not far off 2 months, so I hope your CO is quicker processing yours!

    Just a question for you JandM if you don’t mind, how long usually does it take after the CO has decided for the second person check? I’m thinking that could be one of the reasons behind the delay as well as I’ve not been asked for any more documents or had any phone calls and the CO has had the visa nearly 2 months.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Just a question for you JandM if you don’t mind, how long usually does it take after the CO has decided for the second person check?
    I'm sorry - I'm not sure what you mean. I'll tell you the sequence and see if that helps.

    Case allocated to CO - joins her/his rotating work queue.
    CO looks at documents. S/He will verify any that need it by asking third parties. S/He may ask applicant for more details or explanations.
    When everything has been answered (and that means, after waiting for replies if necessary), CO recommends outcome and passes case for second-person checking.
    Case joins date-order queue to be seen by a 2pc official, and waits its turn. No way to know or judge length of queue.
    Case gets its turn for attention from the 2pc official.
    Possibility 1: 2pc official finds everything in order, and tells CO s/he can add name to lists for online 'approved' and for email with Visa (or refusal - cases the CO doesn't think meet the requirements have to be 2pc-ed, too).
    Possibility 2: 2pc official finds something wrong in the way the case has been worked, and sends it back for the CO to put right. If it's just a glitch in the formalities, the CO can put this right her/himself. If there is evidence or information missing, the CO will have to contact the applicant, people who supplied evidence, or both. When the CO thinks all is now complete, the case goes back for the 2pc to sign off (without having to wait through the original queue again).

    Everything at INZ works by date-order queues. A lot of the time passing is because your file is moving up a queue waiting its turn for attention. How long the wait is is totally unpredictable, and is affected by how many cases got to the queue just before yours, how complicated the cases are so how long it takes for the CO or 2pc to deal with them, staff training, staff sickness, staff holidays, etc., etc.. The timings on the INZ website or given by a telephone answerer are NEVER a promise, only their best guess based on recent averages at that time. If you were to read all my old postings, you'd see I've said many times that what happens to someone else's case is no guide to what will happen to yours. It all - every stage with every visa - takes as long as it takes.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigSFC View Post
    Yep some of the immigration call centre people give you different answers than others, some are more specific and a lot more helpful, hence why it’s good to keep calling them in my opinion. My CO has had my visa since September the 1st so not far off 2 months, so I hope your CO is quicker processing yours!

    That is a long time for the CO to have your application. I would not worry though. I've read before on this forum that no news is good news. Maybe they are just doing some external checks.

    Did you upload any extra evidence while you have been waiting or are you waiting for the CO to ask for updated evidence of partnership?

    I'm debating whether I should upload more evidence or wait for CO to request certain things. That way I don't upload unnecessary evidence which will take longer to check by the CO...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •