Thread: Accredited Employer visa: Arrival date

Default Accredited Employer visa: Arrival date

Hi there,

I had a question with regards to the arrival date shown on the accredited employer visa. Just recently, I received an email confirmation that my accredited employer visa was approved. Funny in that the date that I received it was a week later than the start date of the visa.

Anyways, the date of arrival (no later than the end of Dec) to New Zealand might be a bit problematic. No so much for logistics but I'm currently trying to resolve some tax issues that would come into play when leaving Canada. It might not be a big deal but from a tax perspective, it might be much more advantageous to start work in Jan and opposed to the end of this year. Should get this confirmed very soon with an accountant.

So, I was wondering about a couple of things. If it was possible to renegotiate a later job start date, 1) Would NZ Immigration allow any flexibility to perhaps grant an additional 2 weeks beyond what is on the visa; and 2) If not, would the visa allow you can you simply arrive before the date, spend a week or so to get set up, then come home and then come back a month later to NZ to actually start work in the new year?

Just curious. I have learned in my experience in Canada that moving early in a year as opposed to later in a year is always better from a tax perspective but I know you can't always control that. Thanks

1) won't work, but 2) will as long as your visa is a multiple-entry visa. That will be written on it, and it SHOULD be one, so if it isn't, you can ask INZ to alter it.