Thread: Permanent Residency Medical

Default Permanent Residency Medical

Hey guys
    I was just wondering if anyone had Any experience or knowledge about if you need to submit a medical for Permanent residency? My previous medicals had to be assessed and I had to submit a review with each one. All were okay and visas approved. I am now a resident so is that the final hurdle when it comes to medicals? Or could I still potentially need to submit a medical review with my PR? There’s no note on my residency visa about this. Just wondering as I don’t want any delays due to an upcoming holiday and would rather get it done before hand. Also if you get a new medical diagnosis (nothing serious or on the rejection list) as a resident could it be an issue for PR or citizenship? I’m a bit of a worrier so any advice would be gratefully appreciated
    Thanks in advance

There is no requirement for a medical when applying for PR or citizenship. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria All necessity to think about medical matters is behind you.

Once you are a resident, you have the right to stay in NZ for ever while you are in the country, and PR takes over from the two years' travel conditions that come with residence, so as a PR, you can come and go as you like, and it doesn't expire.

That’s great thank you! So that would mean as a resident you are not obligated to inform them of any medical related changes?

Correct.