Thread: Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa

Default Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa

Hi,

I currently have a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa application lodged and thankfully managed to get this submitted before the changes of 7th October.

However I find the guidelines concerning the changes confusing as I'm not sure whether any of it applies to me as I met the changes deadline. The INZ website says that applicants prior to 7th October won't be affected by the changes but then states one change is that applicants for the Talent Resident Visa will no longer be able to get a permanent resident visa. Does anyone know if this will apply to me in a couple of years' time when I apply for the Talent Resident Visa, or does this only concern future routes for applicants for the Talent Work Visa who apply after 7th October?

This is the webpage... https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...oyer-work-visa

All I would like to know is if my initial intended route... Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa > Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa > Permanent Resident Visa... will now be affected?

Does anyone know if this will apply to me in a couple of years' time when I apply for the Talent Resident Visa, or does this only concern future routes for applicants for the Talent Work Visa who apply after 7th October?
    This will NOT apply to you. The old route is still there for people who applied before 7th October.

If you have a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa or you applied before 7 October

You are not affected by these changes and the conditions and length of your visa will not change.

If you later apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa you will only need a salary of NZD $55,000 or more.

If your salary is NZD $90,000 or more when you apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa, you may be eligible for a Permanent Resident Visa.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...oyer-work-visa (That is that same page you linked to above.)

Thanks for clearing it up