Thread: Can I use my realme to apply visitor's visa for my family friends?

Default Can I use my realme to apply visitor's visa for my family friends?

Morning guys. Some of my family friends want to visit NZ during Xmas, since I leave here, they asked me to help them with their visas. I think online apply is easier, but not sure if I need to create a new realme or I can just use mine?
    Can someone help me on this?
    Thanks a lot

Yes: this is common practice, especially amongst LIAs that submit applications on their clients' behalf. (Having an LIA handling my various applications, I've experienced this first-hand.)

Take note, however, that your family friends must formally give you authorization to submit an online application on their behalf. For a Visitor Visa, this is done via the Visitor Visa Declaration Form (INZ 1224). Your family friends must fill it out, scan it in and send you the scanned copy; you must then include it with the online application itself alongside the other supporting evidence.

EDIT: For completeness, forms INZ 1225 and INZ 1226 must be used instead for a Work Visa and Student Visa respectively. There is no option to submit an online application on someone else's behalf for a Resident Visa, but almost all Resident Visa applications are paper-based anyway so this isn't really applicable there.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 17th October 2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Yes: this is common practice, especially amongst LIAs that submit applications on their clients' behalf. (Having an LIA handling my various applications, I've experienced this first-hand.)

Take note, however, that your family friends must formally give you authorization to submit an online application on their behalf. For a Visitor Visa, this is done via the Visitor Visa Declaration Form (INZ 1224). Your family friends must fill it out, scan it in and send you the scanned copy; you must then include it with the online application itself alongside the other supporting evidence.

EDIT: For completeness, forms INZ 1225 and INZ 1226 must be used instead for a Work Visa and Student Visa respectively. There is no option to submit an online application on someone else's behalf for a Resident Visa, but almost all Resident Visa applications are paper-based anyway so this isn't really applicable there.
    thanks a lot Kelerei, that's really helpful!!!

I used my realme account to apply visitor visas for my parents last year. Saved a lot of time, and the visas were issued just less than a week after submission.