Thread: Partner of a worker works visa

Default Partner of a worker works visa

Hi,

I am asking this for a friend:

I just want some help. My husband is applying for the work to residence skill shortage visa and the I am applying online for the Partner of a Worker Work Visa. Now at the document upload page they want me to upload evidence of funds but with this visa it is not needed. How do I go pass this hurdle? Does my husband need to write a letter to advice that he is supporting? This is the same with the dependant visas that we are applying for.

TIA

The online form isn’t the best. It’s generalised for most people.

When I applied for mine I just uploaded what was asked even though I know it wasn’t required as per immigration policy instructions.

That is what I was thinking because for some visa's it is needed and for some not. But am I correct to say that this type of visa does not need financial evidence?

See the criteria on this factsheet. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...k-visa-holders It says they *can* ask for proof of finances.

Thank you

If this helps at all, I went back and double-checked the application that my LIA filed for my partner's Partner of a Worker Work Visa, around a year ago.

The question "How will you be financially supported in New Zealand" was answered "My supporting person is financially supporting my stay", and a copy of my employment contract (since I hadn't received my first payslip at that point) was provided as supporting evidence. The visa was granted without any fuss.