Thread: NZeTA while we wait for child of worker approval?

Default NZeTA while we wait for child of worker approval?

I have an approved Acredited Employer visa. My 2 children have visa applications in which are not approved to join me as dependents. I need to be in NZ in 1 month. If i don't get the children visas approved in time can i feasibly take them in to NZ as visitors with NZeTA approved as an interim? I assume they need onward flights booked? They wil be on UK passports.

One of my kids has only just recieved a passport and is 1 month old so could not have applied when i originally did.

Thanks.

My 2 children have visa applications in which are not approved to join me as dependents.
    Do you mean they're still being processed, or that they have been refused?

Being processed

if I'm not wrong you (in this case your children) are not allowed to enter NZ while the visa is under assessment.. I would double check with the call center
    Did you do a group application (your talent visa + children) or separate? In the first case, your children visa should be processed quite quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Petejn View Post
    I have an approved Acredited Employer visa. My 2 children have visa applications in which are not approved to join me as dependents. I need to be in NZ in 1 month. If i don't get the children visas approved in time can i feasibly take them in to NZ as visitors with NZeTA approved as an interim? I assume they need onward flights booked? They wil be on UK passports.

One of my kids has only just recieved a passport and is 1 month old so could not have applied when i originally did.

Thanks.
    I personally believe it doubtful that the NZeTA will be approved in the first place, and even if so, I also believe there to be a significant risk of turnaround. There are plenty of grounds, evidenced elsewhere on this forum, for your children to not be considered bona fide applicants for a Visitor Visa (which is relevant, as visa waiver travelers (that aren't Australian) are effectively granted a Visitor Visa upon being granted entry permission as per E2.1).

You probably should read E5 and V2.1.1 in conjunction.

I can now confirm that you can not do this. Fortunately after an epic hold on the phone the officer agreed to prioritize the cases and within 2 days they were both approved.

The fact my own Hong Kong work visa, and my sons as a dependent, were ending on or shortly after my resignation date in Hong Kong and we had put notice in on our property, along side an early December start date, probably helped persuade them of the urgency.

In hindsight I would have done this differently and not relied on a priority request.