I'm moving to Wellington from the US in about 4 months and one thing that I've had some trouble trying to plan is how to deal with power conversion for my electronics. NZ is 220V, 50 mHz with an AU plug. US is 110V, 60 mHz with a US plug. My partner and I have a lot of electronics-PCs, laptops, game systems, kitchen supplies, etc so it is unrealistic or in some cases not really possible to repurchase all of this so I have been trying to figure out what I need to get for conversion.

There are not a lot of options I have found online. There are a couple power strips with universal plugs that should work for voltage, but aren't converters so the frequency is still an issue. There are of course travel plugs but those usually are only for 1-3 items and expensive, comparatively.

How have other people who have moved to NZ handled this? Is it possible to, for instance, buy an expensive converter and plug that into the wall, then plug a US power strip into that? Am I going to have to get a dozen converters? Thanks for your help.