Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ITA lodged in October 2019.

Default ITA lodged in October 2019.

Hi everyone!

first I would like to thank all of you, for I have learnt a lot reading your posts. I have submitted my application for SMC resident visa from overseas (France) with a job offer this month, my timeline is in my signature. So far it has already been quite an adventure to complete this application. I also just requested an escalation of my application.

Anyone also lodged their application in october? It would be nice to keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamyam33 View Post
    Hi everyone!

first I would like to thank all of you, for I have learnt a lot reading your posts. I have submitted my application for SMC resident visa from overseas (France) with a job offer this month, my timeline is in my signature. So far it has already been quite an adventure to complete this application. I also just requested an escalation of my application.

Anyone also lodged their application in october? It would be nice to keep in touch.
    Best of luck Yamyam with your application and especially the escalation request. Do keep posted.

Thanks,
    Saumya

Hello everyone.
    Just to let know the arguments presented for escalation worked:
    points score: my points claim is far above the 160 threshold;
    remuneration: the remuneration offered by my future employer (115000 NZ$/year for a full time position) is far above the high-remuneration threshold;
    matters of national interest: my partner and myself will be resigning from high-skilled jobs (as Director of works & Geotechnical engineer) to join and contribute to NZ development. We both have experience and qualifications (my diploma is on the list exempt from assessment) in highly skilled roles in construction (my job is also listed on the LTSS list and I meet ANZSCO level 1 standards).
    compelling personal circumstances: being currenlty pregnant, I shall be leaving a high-skilled position with a comfortable salary in France and a very protective health and social system in order to join NZ workforce just a couple of month after birth. This move is risky without the assurance of a resident visa.
    I Don't know which one counted however if it might help someone else...

I just noticed today that my online status was changed from "pending" to "approved". Can it be that fast? Or is it a mistake? I haven't received any mail/email confirmation for this approval.
    I had received an email from my CO on October 30th (who had contacted also my future employer for further information which was provided on that same day), so I knew I had been allocated a CO quite fast. However no news since then and considering most timelines, I hadn't checked the online status until today.

Congratulations! Unbelievable how fast they can be when you're eligible for the priority queue.

Just keep in mind that this may only be "Approved in Principle": you may need to do some final task (usually, this is simply sending your passport to INZ or a VAC for verification, but can be other things such as pre-paying for ESOL tuition) before your Resident Visa is actually granted. If it is Approved in Principle, you will shortly receive a letter telling you what you will need to do.

I noticed this in the online portal when we received an Approved in Principle letter: our Resident Visa application was stated as "approved", but it still had my previous Work Visa listed under the "Current Visa" section. Probably the best way to tell whether it's AIP or actual approval. The "Current Visa" section updated to the Resident Visa once the eVisa letter was sent out, a few days after INZ received the passport that they were requesting.

Don't get yourself down if it turns out to be Approved in Principle: your Resident Visa will be granted as soon as you perform the steps in that letter.

how unfair that the rest of us have to wait a year +
    when we all paid the same amount of money

Apologies in advance-- I couldn't find a September 2019 thread so posting here.

Lodged my application on the first week of September. Haven't received any updates at all from INZ, which I thought was normal due to their slow lag. I was expecting an initial update early next year. Last log in on my online services account was third week of October. Got married last week of October and when I came back from vacation, I was wanting to update my personal information to reflect my new partnership status. Lo and behold, when I logged in yesterday, it now says, "APPROVED" but I haven't received any email or contact from CO. I called the hotline and the operator can only say that my application is in the final stages and awaiting final decision. I asked if I should still update my personal information at this point and the operator advised to just wait for INZ's email / decision. What do you reckon? If I don't update my info, will this affect the decision on my application at all at this stage? I declared my partner in my SMC application but specifically stated that he is not included in my application as we don't meet yet the 12-month living in requirement.

As you didn't include your partner in the application, the fact of your marriage can't affect your outcome. Altering the online status, and sending out the email notification, are jobs done by clerks in different departments, usually online status a bit ahead, and the CO's part is finished once the applicant's name has been added to the clerks' lists. So I think you have been given the right advice, that you should wait for your email.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast