Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INZ gone tough on partnership visas

Default INZ gone tough on partnership visas

This article rings bells for many more categories—- things getting tougher
    https://amp.rnz.co.nz/article/6a23cb...rom%20%251%24s

does this mean that all the partnership visas who cant show the living together proof will be declined?
    Not even General Visitor visa grant for showing the stability of the partnership is really worrying.

Anyone recently got the partnership visa approved without showing living together proof?

NZ first and winston have always had a racist streak.
    Making references to 'bringing the whole village over' just indicates the contempt they have for Indian migrants and their families.
    The party just caters to New Zealands xenophobic nativists.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan1988 View Post
    NZ first and winston have always had a racist streak.
    Making references to 'bringing the whole village over' just indicates the contempt they have for Indian migrants and their families.
    The party just caters to New Zealands xenophobic nativists.
    It's not Xenophobic and it's not being racist. How about Indians claiming that they have more genuine and stable relationships than kiwis because they have low divorce rate? People should stop all this one sided blames . It is the Indians who started bombarding the whole internet and now they've replied and you think they are being racist . Meanwhile don't get me wrong, I hate it that families are separated but it's upto nz to decide who they want to give a Visa, visa is a privilege not a right.
    Note : I'm neither Indian nor a kiwi and I've also being declined 5 times ,I used to blame them for the declined visas but as time went on I looked at the reasons then I stopped the blames . Even though we know our relationships are genuine, I still think they are doing a good job not just against Indians.
    Thanks
    Last edited by onyiking; 25th October 2019 at 02:36 AM.

I agree with him, and it's far from being racist/xenophobic. there's always a plan B - stay in india first to meet the cohabitation requirements, and then move to NZ. rules need to be applied fairly to everyone and inz shouldn't be bending over backwards and making all sorts of exceptions
    Last edited by charcharbinks; 25th October 2019 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    it's upto nz to decide who they want to give a Visa, visa is a privilege not a right.
    Agree with you.
    A foreigner who wants to come to NZ, the first thing is to think about how to prepare documents to meet INZ’ requirements, NOT to blame why INZ has this requirements which are so hard to meet or contrary with your situation or your nationality’s traditions.

An example, some countries citizens can marry with several wives. Can anyone argue with INZ about why a sponsor only can support one partner at same time ??

You want to come to NZ, you need to know the rules here.

Exactly, if they want to say someone sounds like racist , therefore is it not "Some Indians" who are being "racist" by putting their "culture norm to another culture and say their way is wrong"? Now there's food for thought.

I think inz rules for partnership visas is one of the most transparent in the world .

I still stand on my only words , I hate it that the genuine ones are being separated from their partners but I see no racist or xenophobic attack on what inz is doing . Cheers
    Last edited by onyiking; 25th October 2019 at 11:23 AM.

I am not supporting or opposing any comments.

What should a person do who is currently on a work visa and going for marriage?

The maximum annual leave one can get is one month, So in order to obtain the minimum requirement, one has to stay there for 3-4 months.

So what you guys think the best option :

Resign from the current job, go back to home country stay there for 3-4 months and come back, apply for a new job, then apply for the Partner's visa

or

At least offer GVV so that partner can come stay together for a minimum time period and then apply for the work visa.
    Last edited by cijoc; 25th October 2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cijoc View Post
    I am not supporting or opposing any comments.

What should a person do who is currently on a work visa and going for marriage?

The maximum annual leave one can get is one month, So in order to obtain the minimum requirement, one has to stay there for 3-4 months.

So what you guys think the best option :

Resign from the current job, go back to home country stay there for 3-4 months and come back, apply for a new job, then apply for the Partner's visa

or

At least offer GVV so that partner can come stay together for a minimum time period and then apply for the work visa.
    Most people who have been living together for a long time with their partner and arrived on a work Visa I know alot who got a Visa for their partner. That is different to someone who is on a work Visa and went home for a cultural arranged marriage and didn't live with the partner for more than a month, some not even up to a month and you basically expect INZ to grant a Visa ?

Meanwhile, just to let you know when I first met my wife who is a KIWI engaged and just stayed for 2-3weeks I was declined a Visa . Imagine someone on a temporal Visa. . . . Then I was mad at inz but today I don't blame them , how do I prove I was in a genuine and stable relationship by just staying with my partner for just few weeks ?Marriage,
    Does not automatically mean a relationship is genuine nor stable . I'm sorry, however someone sees it , I think INZ is doing a good job .
    I will repeat again , I don't like the fact that families are separated. However, my own opinion If you really love your partner & inz don't want to let them in then you have to choose your partner or a NZ Visa .

Back then , myself and my wife had this option "VISA or MY PARTNER " , I CHOSE my partner and we stopped applying for over 2years that's why she had never gone back home almost going to 3 years now. (We just applied again after 2 years) . There are many countries to move to .

I'm in that stage in my life that I understand that Visa is not my right but a privilege even though I reach the requirements. If they say No , ok then.
    Thank you
    Last edited by onyiking; 25th October 2019 at 04:05 PM.

they have explained clear here.. https://www.indianweekender.co.nz/Pa...iving-together... not sure what will happen from here after.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast