Thread: Talent accredited work Visa changing jobs ( same employer)

Default Talent accredited work Visa changing jobs ( same employer)

Hi I have question regarding changing titles on talent accredited work Visa for same employers . Are you able to do variation?? Will that effect the duration you worked before to apply for work to residence after 2 years working for accredited employer . If someone who have knowledge on this can enlighten me . Thank you in advance

Hi, my partner recently did this. It is very easy actually, you just need to fill in the variation of condition form where you mention the new occupation and send it in together with the offer for that position.

This will not affect the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    Hi, my partner recently did this. It is very easy actually, you just need to fill in the variation of condition form where you mention the new occupation and send it in together with the offer for that position.

This will not affect the duration.
    Hi Yanco , did she applied her WTR before the new salary criteria put in place . I have also applied for SMC resident Visa but I don't think it will be finalized before the restructuring happens in current firm . I have to withdraw my SMC application if I cannot keep my current position carry on with WTR .
    Have you got any official link which states variation of employment won't effect process of WTR ??

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#41990.htm RW2 b. We know from experience that as long as the applicant has worked for an accredited employer throughout the 24 months, whether it's the same one or not, that's all right. It's the 24 months, accredited, that counts.

Il have gone through operational manual but there is no mention of variation of position for same employer .the wording says you can only change employers . If I read it alright please if some one can clarify .thank you

Holders of a work visa granted under WR1 (Talent Accredited Employers) Work Instructions) may apply for a variation of conditions of their work visa to change employers. A variation of conditions may be granted:
    to undertake employment for another accredited employer; or
    to undertake employment for another employer who is not an accredited employer if their employment is no longer available due to reasons beyond the visa holder’s control. When assessing such applications for a variation of conditions, immigration officers will consider all the circumstances of the applicant and the reasons for which the former accredited employer did not continue employment or the former employer’s accreditation was not renewed or rescinded.
    In order to be granted a variation of conditions under (a) above:
    the base salary offered must be no less than the base salary that was required at the time the initial work visa application was made; and
    the offer of employment must meet the requirements of WR1.10; and
    employers must meet the requirements under W2.10.5, W2.10.6, W2.10.10 and W2.10.15.
    Notes:
    ~ Where a person fails to continue employment in the circumstances described in (a) and (b) above, they will not be eligible for residence under the Residence Instructions for holders of work visas granted under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions.
    ~ For the avoidance of doubt, the base salary in (b) above excludes employment-related allowances (for example overtime, tool or uniform allowances). The base salary is calculated on the basis of 40 hours work per week.

Quote Originally Posted by slowrock12 View Post
    Il have gone through operational manual but there is no mention of variation of position for same employer .the wording says you can only change employers . If I read it alright please if some one can clarify .thank you

Holders of a work visa granted under WR1 (Talent Accredited Employers) Work Instructions) may apply for a variation of conditions of their work visa to change employers. A variation of conditions may be granted:
    to undertake employment for another accredited employer; or
    to undertake employment for another employer who is not an accredited employer if their employment is no longer available due to reasons beyond the visa holder’s control. When assessing such applications for a variation of conditions, immigration officers will consider all the circumstances of the applicant and the reasons for which the former accredited employer did not continue employment or the former employer’s accreditation was not renewed or rescinded.
    In order to be granted a variation of conditions under (a) above:
    the base salary offered must be no less than the base salary that was required at the time the initial work visa application was made; and
    the offer of employment must meet the requirements of WR1.10; and
    employers must meet the requirements under W2.10.5, W2.10.6, W2.10.10 and W2.10.15.
    Notes:
    ~ Where a person fails to continue employment in the circumstances described in (a) and (b) above, they will not be eligible for residence under the Residence Instructions for holders of work visas granted under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions.
    ~ For the avoidance of doubt, the base salary in (b) above excludes employment-related allowances (for example overtime, tool or uniform allowances). The base salary is calculated on the basis of 40 hours work per week.
    Hi, me and my partner were very confused by this as well and it gave us many headaches and worries.

In my opinion this is very poor by INZ and I'm sure many others are confused as well.

However, not to worry. The VOC can be used for changing a position within the same company as well.

If you are still in doubt, you can contact INZ to confirm.

Yes true . Second last paragraph says