Thread: Medical Checks

Default Medical Checks

Great news I stopped by the Immigration Office in Wellington today only to find out that I had an ITA waiting! They were about to mail it out and I jsut happened to stop in so they put it in my hands. After looking over the ITA I decided that I better getting moving on the police and medical checks. I did not know the ITA was only valid for 4 months.

I know that I need to send a fingerprint card to the FBI back in the US to get my police check and I need to see a local doctor for the medical check.

Does anyone in Wellington know where I can get my fingerprints taken?

Does anyone in Wellington know where I can hire a doctor to do my medical checks?

Any help is much appreciated.

Jonathon

Hi,

Any GP in NZ can do the medical but do ring around for quotes first. We have had quotes ranging from $150 - $250 for adult and $50 - $250 for a child. The doctor will send you off for blood tests and chest xray (unless the practice offers these services in-house) - blood tests about $80 and chest xray about $60

Sorry can't help you with FBI query as i'm from uk!

All the best, hannah

Default Medical Checks in NZ

Can you tell me where the $50 medicals are done please - anywhere in Christchurch where we are at the moment? I rang around a few GP's today and was quoted on average $300 for an adult and $280 for a child!! It will probably be cheaper to wait until we return to Britain - didn't think I would be saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    It will probably be cheaper to wait until we return to Britain - didn't think I would be saying that!
    Hi Wendy,
    I can't help with the $50 medicals but I don't think it will be cheaper in UK as we paid £200 each for ours thats about $550

Kindest regards

Dave and Caroline

I paid $180 to my doctor in Wellingotn yesterday and the x-ray is $80 not had the blood test done yet. So some of these doctors are making a fortune is they are charging more. Definately worth shopping around, even if you make 20 calls n the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    Can you tell me where the $50 medicals are done please - anywhere in Christchurch where we are at the moment? I rang around a few GP's today and was quoted on average $300 for an adult and $280 for a child!! It will probably be cheaper to wait until we return to Britain - didn't think I would be saying that!
    My other half had her medical yesterday with Dr Grant (of the Dr Million practice) in Manchester and that was £265 all in (a darn sight cheaper than the £510 quote in Hull!) so I think she would have taken the $300 quote!

Sorry to hijack the post but my lot willl be crossing Dr Grant's palm with silver in three weeks. Anything we should know?

Thanks,

Alan

Just "Don't panic"... he's nice and makes jokes and the report arrived back on Thursday (that's a three week wait, but pretty good when you consider there was Christmas and New Year in between.

Wow! I am glad to do my medicals in Canada. I went to my family doctor and the appointment, blood work, and x-rays amounted to less than $75 CAD all together ($90 NZ). If I wasn't requiring the blood work and x-rays for immigration then there would have been no charge at all.

However, Jenny's medicals to immigrate to Canada did cost about $550 CAD ($680 NZ) - completed in Canada.

Mark.