Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Visitor Visa related question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    48

    Default Visitor Visa related question

    Greetings

    Can you include your parents in family visitor visa in one online application? My brother in law wants to visit here with his wife, kids and parents? So for that purpose, does he need to apply separately for his parents?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,064

    Default

    The application for a visitor's visa can include the principle applicant's partner and dependent children only, so there will need to be another application for the parents. http://pages.ctrip.com/tour/visa/bj1409/pdf/53.pdf

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Thanks a lot. You are legend

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    179

    Default

    My friend applied visitor visa for his brother online. It was declined on grounds of no being bona fide saying he didn't provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate strong employment or financial commitments in your home country. Although it was clarified that he is self-employed and has properties under his name. Further his wife and children are there. He was visiting New Zealand to accompany his father (a separate application for visitor visa was lodged) during travel and visit his brother's family.

    Can he ask immigration to provide detailed information or case officer notes on the file which made the base of his decision and if so under what legislation such information can be asked? What other documents he could have provide when his brother was self-employed to evident he is bona fide. What could be the way forward, can he lodge another application?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,064

    Default

    Nobody can appeal the decision about a visitor's visa from outside NZ. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-declined-visa

    He can apply again.

    I believe some forum members have obtained sight of their case files under a freedom of information request https://fyi.org.nz/, but I don't know if this would be available to you from outside the country.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    My friend applied visitor visa for his brother online. It was declined on grounds of no being bona fide saying he didn't provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate strong employment or financial commitments in your home country. Although it was clarified that he is self-employed and has properties under his name. Further his wife and children are there. He was visiting New Zealand to accompany his father (a separate application for visitor visa was lodged) during travel and visit his brother's family.

    Can he ask immigration to provide detailed information or case officer notes on the file which made the base of his decision and if so under what legislation such information can be asked? What other documents he could have provide when his brother was self-employed to evident he is bona fide. What could be the way forward, can he lodge another application?
    Sorry to hear this.

    He can for sure lodge another application. I think he needs to add some more evidences on his employment and financial commitment.

    This could be:
    - Tax returns filed for his business/or self and audited financial statement (if any), for may be around 2 to 3 years.
    - Summary of annual income and net worth- I have seen Chartered Accountants certifying annual income and net worth of individual for visa purpose based on income and assets document provided to them.
    - Covering letter with more details on nature of his work, investment and plans etc.
    - A letter from the person whom he is visiting, travel plans here...what they intend to do, when planned to return back

    Thanks,
    Saumya

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Nobody can appeal the decision about a visitor's visa from outside NZ. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-declined-visa

    He can apply again.

    I believe some forum members have obtained sight of their case files under a freedom of information request https://fyi.org.nz/, but I don't know if this would be available to you from outside the country.
    Thank you, JandM.

    Is there a minimum time he should wait before applying again?

    Can the outcome be different from INZ if reapplied with the same documents? As he is self-employed he doesn't have much other than his business account statement, and his family and social ties for which supporting documents were already provided. What else he can do?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    Sorry to hear this.

    He can for sure lodge another application. I think he needs to add some more evidences on his employment and financial commitment.

    This could be:
    - Tax returns filed for his business/or self and audited financial statement (if any), for may be around 2 to 3 years.
    - Summary of annual income and net worth- I have seen Chartered Accountants certifying annual income and net worth of individual for visa purpose based on income and assets document provided to them.
    - Covering letter with more details on nature of his work, investment and plans etc.
    - A letter from the person whom he is visiting, travel plans here...what they intend to do, when planned to return back

    Thanks,
    Saumya
    Thank you Saumya for your thoughts. He is not required to have audited financial statements because his income is not much. He is engaged in real estate agent business where sometimes he can make good money but some time enough for his living. Still, it is a good idea to get his financial statement prepared from the accountant and provide as additional document although he submitted his bank statement last time.

    Cover letter and a letter from the sponsor were there explaining his travel plan and with return tickets. He, in fact, was accompanying his father so brother and father were visiting here to see his brother and family. Both were separate applications. One's outcome is denial the other one for father is still awaited. Even if his father gets the visa approved, probably he will not visit because of the long air travel alone. The situation was well explained in both cover letters attached to both applications.
    Last edited by lucky; 7th November 2019 at 11:15 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Immigration didn't even ask for additional documents. Although they are not requird to ask for additional documents but at least one chance should be given to the customer where the one lacks in supporting evidence. Everyone is not professional lawyer or immigration advisor to get the things sorted in one go.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Hi All,
    I would like to ask what does this rule mean "If you’ve recently visited New Zealand for a total of 12 months, you have to remain outside New Zealand for 12 months before you can apply for another Visitor Visa."?

    If for example, a visitor stayed in NZ for 9 months, should they need to stay outside NZ for 9 months before they can apply another visitor visa?

    Also, what does this mean "You can visit New Zealand as a genuine tourist for up to 9 months in an 18-month period."

    Sorry, I find it hard to interpret INZ wordings.
    Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •