Thread: Residence visa Application (Partnership, spouse of expatriate New Zealand citizen living oveseas)

Default Residence visa Application (Partnership, spouse of expatriate New Zealand citizen living oveseas)

Just wondering anyone recently applied resident visa as a spouse of expatriate New Zealand Citizen who have been living overseas for more than 5 years. Situation is you live outside of NZ and have never been resided in NZ before. Anyone here please? There are a few threads here in the forum but mostly are dated back long enough and some guidelines and processing time might no longer be applicable. Could you share your experience please? Thank you.

The regulations on this point have not changed in years. Processing times for all kinds of visas are even more unpredictable than usual at the moment. In any case, what happens to ONE person's application will not necessarily be the same for anyone else's. Every application is checked out individually, and it takes as long as it takes, to verify the evidence - also, there are always date-order queues for attention, and every CO works many cases in rotation, so there can be delays that are nothing to do with your case.

Thank you JandM. I just want to know how everyone is coping. :-) Most of the cases I have seen met one of the RV2.5 for which I am not. So I am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by minkiwi View Post
    Just wondering anyone recently applied resident visa as a spouse of expatriate New Zealand Citizen who have been living overseas for more than 5 years. Situation is you live outside of NZ and have never been resided in NZ before. Anyone here please? There are a few threads here in the forum but mostly are dated back long enough and some guidelines and processing time might no longer be applicable. Could you share your experience please? Thank you.
    Not more than or upto 5years but just incase you need to know ,
    I've never been to New Zealand and I've been living with my kiwi partner for almost 3years now . Still waiting for resident Visa decision.

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    Not more than or upto 5years but just incase you need to know ,
    I've never been to New Zealand and I've been living with my kiwi partner for almost 3years now. Still waiting for resident Visa decision.
    Hi thanks. So you guys are currently living overseas? I believe it should be fine as long as you can prove your relationship is genuine and stable. I applied RV in late 2015 and waiting time was not this long back then. I got my RV after 1.5 months. My husband and I were together for 15 months when I applied RV. We live overseas. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by minkiwi View Post
    Hi thanks. So you guys are currently living overseas? I believe it should be fine as long as you can prove your relationship is genuine and stable. I applied RV in late 2015 and waiting time was not this long back then. I got my RV after 1.5 months. My husband and I were together for 15 months when I applied RV. We live overseas. Good luck to you.
    Yea currently living overseas. Thanks .