Thread: Finding rental home in Auckland

Default Finding rental home in Auckland

Hi everyone.
    We are moving to Auckland under work visa(myself and my partner) and student visa(my kids). I am now looking for a suitable place for a family of four.
    I heard that the owners there often ask for a reference, which I am not likely to be able to provide.
    Anyone can share your experience on this?
    Also, if you have any suggestion for someone like us, especially for those who are about to live in NZ for the first time, please share.

Thank you.

If you are a family of 4, have jobs, and can at least offer an explanation of where you lived in your home country, that will buy a lot of credibility. even if they cannot call to check the reference due to language barriers, provide your old landlords phone number from your current address. that will likely suffice.

When you are just arriving will you be staying in an airbnb for the first couple months? if so, provide the airbnb hosts contact details for a reference.

Thanks. The problem is we are now living in our own property, which means there is no landlord anywhere.

No, but you could give the names of people of good standing in your community - character witnesses - and any business you have had dealings with, to say you are a reliable payer.