Thread: IELTS Requirement for Partner in Skilled Migrant Category and Test Result Submission Time

Default IELTS Requirement for Partner in Skilled Migrant Category and Test Result Submission Time

Hi,

Please advise , in case partner's points are not claimed then 5.0 band is required for Partner in SMC.... In case ITA is received then upon submission time, we need to submit test result....

OR

We can have option that we select ESOL tuition and pay as per our band score.... When do we need to submit IELTS for Partner.... My concern is submission time , same within 4 months after ITA or later....

below i found on NZ website :

"The cost of your family’s ESOL tuition will depend on how well they can speak English. If your partner and children (aged 16 and over) speak some English, they can take an English language test to find out what their level of English is - test results must be no more than 2 years old at the time your application is lodged. We’ll use the test scores to decide the level of the tuition they will need. The higher their test score, the less you will need to pay for their tuition."

Other people have done this later, during processing - whenever the partner had passed his/her English language test to the required standard.

Notice, it isn't ONLY IELTS these days which can satisfy the requirement. Other tests are mentioned, with the necessary standard, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66778.htm

And for what it's worth: I went for the PTE Academic test (the IELTS waiting list in Cape Town at the time was 4 months!).

Thanks for your reply....

I need to ask that do we need to select tuition fee option in EOI for partner if we plan to attempt IELTs later and can pay fee as per IELTS result....?
    OR

In case we select English language requirement is met then we must provide certificate before submission of documents within four months......

Both parts of what you said are correct. Select the ESOL option to give time to take the test later, or, if you're going to have the certificate within 4 months and don't mind waiting for it to submit the whole application, you can do it that way.

Thanks a lot.....
    I'll select ESOL tuition and in case 5.0 will not be achieved in 4 months till submission then can provide later ... until CO asks before approval of the Residency.......