Thread: Recognition for prior skilled employment

Default Recognition for prior skilled employment

Hi everyone!
    I'm currently on an essential skills visa but will hopefully be able to apply for SMC next year, after passing (hopefully) an online based level 4 certificate qualification (to boost my points)
    So I can get as many points as possible I was hoping to include my previous employer as skilled employment , unfortunately the business is no more. Would references from managers be enough evidence?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, people have been able to do this in the past. You will need to prove the previous existence of the business, your contract with them and job description, with detailed responsibilities, start date, end date, rate of pay, usual working hours (to show that it was full-time, i.e. 30 hours per week or more).

Hi Jandm,
    Thanks for the reply!
    I don't think I have any contracts as I left in November 2017. I think the best I will be able to provide will be p60 tax records and detailed information from multiple managers. Hopefully this will be enough?
    Thanks

If the information is detailed and the managers are credible (and they have to be contactable by INZ during the time when your application is being processed, for further questions if necessary), you have a good chance.

Thanks Jandm! Fingers crossed!