Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Application for Partnership Visitor Visa

Default Future Application for Partnership Visitor Visa

Hi,

I am a bit confused with the news about partnership visitor visa. Has it gone back to old way or still hard?

I am planning to go back to INDIA to get married with my girlfriend ( been in a relationship for like 3 years) and stay for a month and apply for her visa once I am back here in NZ. I wont be doing a traditional marriage and will just be doing a simple court marriage. I have been collecting the evidence (receipts of money transfer, pictures of us together when I went back home, chats and all).

Since, It is court marriage and I will be there for just 1 month. what are the chances of her getting her visa approved?

thanks

I am a bit confused with the news about partnership visitor visa. Has it gone back to old way or still hard?
    This is yet to be proved. There has been a lot of talk about the matter, how what has been happening isn't fair and so it ought to be done better, with various politicians stating their position, but not enough time has passed since, for anyone to tell if this will REALLY make a difference.

I am also in similar sort of situation but my girlfriend is not an Indian but Chinese, So, I am also not clear and in a limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This is yet to be proved. There has been a lot of talk about the matter, how what has been happening isn't fair and so it ought to be done better, with various politicians stating their position, but not enough time has passed since, for anyone to tell if this will REALLY make a difference.
    Hi JandM,

Here are the requirements:
    Evidence your marriage follows an identified cultural tradition may include:
    • records of any communication between the parents of the couple and any other person acting as a go-between or matchmaker
    • documents indicating that the arrangement or ceremony is publicly recognised
    • confirmation from a independent source that the arrangement or ceremony is part of the couple’s cultural customs
    • a written account of how the marriage was arranged
    • any other documents that show your marriage is culturally arranged.

A simple court marriage won't meet this requirement.

In addition, the provision is only for partners of NZ resident or citizens and does not apply for partners of other temporary visa holders.

Thanks,
    Saumya

Hi Saumya,

So no chance for the one in work visa ???

Quote Originally Posted by cijoc View Post
    Hi Saumya,

So no chance for the one in work visa ???

The amendment is for culturally arranged marriage visitor visa and not other partnership based visitor or work visa. Link here- https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-visitor-visa

So, government tricked again and turned the tide to steal the narrative that visa issue is solved.

We do not know if they will relax living together criteria for partner of temporary visa holders. No information on this so far.

Losing Hope...

Applied for SMC - no response.

No partnership visa for work visa holders who are going for cultural marriage.

Studied here in NZ, Got a job in the respective field still .....................

Quote Originally Posted by cijoc View Post
    Losing Hope...

Applied for SMC - no response.

No partnership visa for work visa holders who are going for cultural marriage.

Studied here in NZ, Got a job in the respective field still .....................
    We are in same boat. I applied in March.

I am a resident but I wont fall under cultural tradition visa scheme, so does that mean they will look for 3 months living together?

And if its not an arrange marriage, then couple still have to be living 3 months ( or 12 months) for the visa?

hi anarchy,

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/11/1...nged-marriages

It gives me some sort of hope. Cant really understand whats going on though!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast