Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interim Visa while waiting for New a Temporary Work Visa

Thank you

Another problem here with immigration. I got an email from immigration see below

Though you have a Bachelor of Civil Engineering, it is not assessed by New Zealand Qualification Authority. Therefore, we cannot consider your Bachelorís degree as a NZQF level 7 qualification. There is a list that except from NZQF assessment (as below link) and your qualification is there but Bolton Institute of Higher Education is not under the awarding Institutions. Therefore, we are unable to accept your qualification as NZQF level.

I had a look at the current list of institutions and the university I studied at was in the approved list in 2009 and 2010. I canít understand why it is not on the current list. So another 25 working days and $770 for my degree to be attested. 😢

Sympathies - you are getting one darned thing after another. But this one is nothing personal. When INZ state that a foreign qualification is exempt from assessment, it is after NZQA has checked that it is comparable to a course or courses being run in NZ. When your qualification was on the list of exemptions, there must have been at least one NZ course that was very similar, but after 2010, the provider must have stopped running it.

I know itís such a worry. Please can I ask. We have a rental property in Auckland. The lease expires in January. If my visa has not come through will immigration allow me to enter as a tourist with a return flight to pack up my belongings. Thank you

Just another thought. If it was in the list in 2010 surely this shows that my degree is genuine. I understand that after 2010 it was not comparable but I obtained my degree in 1996 when it was. The case officer dealing with my visa said they made an error issuing my first visa as they should have not accepted my degree. Do you think they made an error or did they look at the archive list of institutions.

A degree not having anything in NZ to be comparable to does not imply that it is not genuine - it's no disrespect to the foreign institution or qualification. It's just a bit of rather strange bureaucracy that requires an "uncompared" qualification to be assessed by NZQA, even though it had previously been on an exempt list.

I've no idea why the CO and 2 pc for your previous visa let it through.

About possibly having to pack up your apartment, you would have to ask INZ what their attitude would be if that became necessary.

Thank you. Iíve applied today for degree assessment. My case officer rang me and she is sending an email to NZQA to see if they can fast track so fingers crossed I might get it back quicker. She said as soon as I receive the certificate she will process same day.

It sounds as if your CO is going in to bat for you every way she can.

Yes I think I got a good one. I come across another problem. I have contacted the University in the UK for my transcript but because I did my degree in 1996 they do not keep a record. I have asked for the syllabus and they are looking into it. From your experience what are my options if I cannot get a syllabus from that year. Thank you

It should be possible. I got all my records 20+ years on when I was signing up to do a master's as a mature student.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast