Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interim Visa while waiting for New a Temporary Work Visa

Default Interim Visa while waiting for New a Temporary Work Visa

Hi
    Today my family and I were granted interim visas whilst immigration make a decision on a renewal of a Long Term Skills work visa. They have had the application for 3 months. We are leaving the country on Saturday which we booked months ago. I am aware my interim visa will be cancelled. My question is it it worth applying for EVE so I can return to New Zealand after my holiday. Also I am concerned they will cancel my new application if I leave. I am not sure on the rules. Thank you for your help.

What do you mean by EVE?

Employment Visa Esculation. Thank you

I don't think asking them to escalate the case would make any difference to you if you go out of the country. The interim visa does not give you permission to re-enter NZ at all - it only keeps you legally in the country while you are there. I don't know what the situation would be about your application that is in progress. In your place, I would ask INZ about this - I FEAR that it would be cancelled, and if that is correct, one holiday would cost you your future in New Zealand. Even if they would continue to work your case, you would be stuck overseas until you got an outcome, and as we all know, at the moment there is no way to predict how long processing will take. Do be careful.

Thank you for your reply. I know it’s so frustrating. I have literally just spoke to immigration helpline after the long wait on hold. They told me to apply for an escalation as it is a straightforward visa and I am on a high remuneration. They said if I leave the country I would just have to wait until my new visa comes through before I return. I hope they have given me the correct information. I don’t want my new application to be cancelled.

How long is the planned holiday? And how awkward would it be for you to stay on longer?

We are going to the UK for a month. My wife’s sister is getting married. So we have had it planned for months. It does give immigration another month and this would take it to the 4 months waiting. I can’t understand why it’s taking so long when they have had the information from my previous visa and I have stayed with the same employer who is now accredited. I might have to extend my time in the UK if my employer permits.

I doubt it is anything about your application - the long time is probably due to more applications waiting in the date-order queue ahead of you for their turn to be dealt with.

In your place, I'd be making VERY sure before going that your employer would hold your job if you can't get back when planned, as without the job, INZ would not proceed with your application. Even if you apply to have your case escalated, there's no actual guarantee that they will agree to do it fast.

Thank you for your advice. I’ve just had great news. They have agreed to escalate my application and it will be completed in a few days. I can now breathe. 😊

I'm VERY pleased for you! Have a happy holiday, and all good wishes for the wedding to go well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast