Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 119

Thread: General Applicants for SMC- Please update if CO is allocated

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    WELLINGTON
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    @Satty02, issue is why aren’t they processing applications and queue is frozen. If there were any spaces left, they would have continued allocating applications beyond 11th Dec 18.
    I had requested information about the number of CO processing SMC
    https://fyi.org.nz/request/11467/res...20Response.pdf

    so if you see only 60 CO were there and if let's say each one of them has 100 cases (which is impractical) it would be maxed 6k application in processing whereas total number of application in 2019 alone should be around 13 k and that's why 9k (came to know this in one of the FYI in late 2019 )applications are still waiting to be assigned.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    I had requested information about the number of CO processing SMC
    https://fyi.org.nz/request/11467/res...20Response.pdf

    so if you see only 60 CO were there and if let's say each one of them has 100 cases (which is impractical) it would be maxed 6k application in processing whereas total number of application in 2019 alone should be around 13 k and that's why 9k (came to know this in one of the FYI in late 2019 )applications are still waiting to be assigned.
    Interesting to see that the 60 IO's have 2,270 applications they are working on between them. This is an average caseload of 37-38 SMC applications per IO (those 12 in training won't have applications assigned to them yet). So an SMC IO definitely does not have a caseload off 100 applications - less than 40 at a time, in fact.

    As per an OIA request I made back in December, as at 9 December 2019, there were 10,226 SMC applications on-hand (that is, lodged but not yet decided). That is one heck of a backlog that is going to take several months to clear, once the new NZRP is announced and the queue finally begins moving again. I'd expect timeframes to stay much the same for at least the first half of 2020 - very, very disappointing

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    116

    Default

    EGoodhue,

    When do you expect new NZPR ll be announced? Once queue start moving, atleast we shall be in some position to make wild guesses when our turn ll come 😄😄

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    486

    Default

    I have no idea about when the new NZRP will be announced - it should have been done well-before now.

    Interestingly, INZ are still issuing ITA's with absolutely no mention in any of the correspondence that comes with the ITA about delays in processing. It stands to reason that they would be up-front and transparent about how long it is now taking for SMC applications to be processed, in order to manage client's expectations from the outset and attempt to stem the flow of calls to ICC asking 'when is it my turn???'. But they seem to be missing this opportunity and are issuing ITA's that say absolutely nothing about the 12 month+ wait time (as I received an ITA for a client drawn out of the Pool just this week).

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    I have no idea about when the new NZRP will be announced - it should have been done well-before now.

    Interestingly, INZ are still issuing ITA's with absolutely no mention in any of the correspondence that comes with the ITA about delays in processing. It stands to reason that they would be up-front and transparent about how long it is now taking for SMC applications to be processed, in order to manage client's expectations from the outset and attempt to stem the flow of calls to ICC asking 'when is it my turn???'. But they seem to be missing this opportunity and are issuing ITA's that say absolutely nothing about the 12 month+ wait time (as I received an ITA for a client drawn out of the Pool just this week).
    That would be nice to mention.

    When I lodged my application my letter said they were going to complete my application by November 2019.

    When we passed this date I lodged a formal complaint however I only received the standard brick wall of we are receiving more applications than anticipated response from an immigration manager, which made me really upset to be honest.

    I just felt treated as a 'thing' instead of a human being. Now I'm just in the dark as everyone else.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    That would be nice to mention.

    When I lodged my application my letter said they were going to complete my application by November 2019.

    When we passed this date I lodged a formal complaint however I only received the standard brick wall of we are receiving more applications than anticipated response from an immigration manager, which made me really upset to be honest.

    I just felt treated as a 'thing' instead of a human being. Now I'm just in the dark as everyone else.
    My ITA stated that my application 'will be' allocated to a case officer within 3 months..took 6 months, and now it has been sitting with internal/technical advisor for 4 months. Registered nurses i work with lodged their applications after i got CO allocated, they got their residence visas approved in 1.5- 2 months..have already changed their jobs and moved on and i am just stuck there for nearly 14 months now, waiting for a decision. Very depressing.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Just want to say the RN acquaintance that had a record-breaking 10-day SMC processing (I posted here before) had used his NZ nursing registration to gain Australian registration and already has shifted to Australia... That was his choice but seriously, 1 slot in the NZ RP allocation gone just like that--that could have gone to another person.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New zealand
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hi Fellow Applicants

    Its been 10 months for our Lodgement and things have not moved forward at all...I can see ppl have been waiting to even have a CO allocated more than 12 months now. I have had enough of this all and I think its taking toll on my mental health , I have been struggling to do my daily tasks coz of it and what irks me the most is the unfairness that is going around . I just think we chose wrong time to apply and should have applied months before. This uncertainty has been going around in background all the time. Back home my mother is having some really tough time and I am not able to even support her mentally because I am myself not in a good state. I have not yet given up but I am on brink of it and all this coz of dirty politics and the resulting delays. How can INZ not understand that their actions are hurting actual lives. I feel helpless as I am locked in a room and no where to go....I just felt like sharing and I really hope and pray all this ends......

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,301

    Default

    Bless you. I hope you can find some peace of mind somehow.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    Hi Fellow Applicants

    Its been 10 months for our Lodgement and things have not moved forward at all...I can see ppl have been waiting to even have a CO allocated more than 12 months now. I have had enough of this all and I think its taking toll on my mental health , I have been struggling to do my daily tasks coz of it and what irks me the most is the unfairness that is going around . I just think we chose wrong time to apply and should have applied months before. This uncertainty has been going around in background all the time. Back home my mother is having some really tough time and I am not able to even support her mentally because I am myself not in a good state. I have not yet given up but I am on brink of it and all this coz of dirty politics and the resulting delays. How can INZ not understand that their actions are hurting actual lives. I feel helpless as I am locked in a room and no where to go....I just felt like sharing and I really hope and pray all this ends......
    I really feel for you - as I do for all of you in this seemingly endless waiting game. Please take some comfort in the fact that there will be an outcome one way or another, eventually - so sorry that I can't say when that will be, but there's just no way that a NZ government agency would be permitted to have accepted literally thousands of applications without offering some resolution in the near future. There are other agencies (Auditor General, Ombudsman, etc.) who exist to hold agencies like INZ accountable - unfortunately sometimes it just takes a long time for those 'watchdog agencies' to be alerted to the seriousness of what is going on. Trust that there are some out there (like me!) who are jumping up and down as much as we can to try and highlight the injustice that is going on to those who can do something about it.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •