Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: General Applicants for SMC- Please update if CO is allocated

They can't even when tell us what they are doing in their offices and get that right. It just keeps going from useless to even more useless.

One thing I thought last night is off someone is a registered occupation without a job offer are they deemed a priority and processed? The reason I ask is that important section A16.1 of their manual says those with job offers will be prioritised, if they are prioritising registered occupations with no job offer they are violating this condition even more.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    They can't even when tell us what they are doing in their offices and get that right. It just keeps going from useless to even more useless.

One thing I thought last night is off someone is a registered occupation without a job offer are they deemed a priority and processed? The reason I ask is that important section A16.1 of their manual says those with job offers will be prioritised, if they are prioritising registered occupations with no job offer they are violating this condition even more.
    I think for now we have to wait and watch for what they announce as the quota for next year. I don't have high hopes but by January we may have a clearer picture .

So my request for escalation of a client's application on the basis of their working for an accredited employer was denied on Thursday. In order to prevent an overly emotional response at risk of being incredibly rude and full of bad language, I gave myself a few days to calm down before replying and querying the denial, quoting the emails I had received from the Immigration Manager in October and November which clearly included 'skilled employment with an accredited employer' as a criteria for priority allocation.

In response, the Immigration Manager told me that the team management had "clarified" the priority rules last week. The details in her email are ambiguous and evasive and I have asked for confirmation as to whether employment with an accredited employer has ever been a criteria or whether the Immigration Manager who wrote it in an email (and confirmed it in a second email a month later!) just flat-out got it wrong.

This back-pedalling and flip-flopping infuriates me. This is a prime example of what happens when an agency starts making up rules of their own, deviating from what is set down in policy for them the follow - confusion happens and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I will be adding this example to my complaint to the Ombudsman.

'Clarified', eh? That's one way to describe it.

I wonder why they do it- directions from further up, even if it was denied in the case of the arranged marriage visa debacle?
    Seems really strange that, all of a sudden, everything falls to pieces that has been working (relatively) well over a long period of time....

Hi Friends,
    We are here to new year now and new quota, hopefully to be announced before end of this month.

From this forum we know that SMC application submitted on December 11, 2018 is still awaiting for CO allocation. Please update this thread if any of you get CO allocated so that we can understand how the list is moving.

Thanks,
    Saumya

Confirmation from SMC Immigration Manager in Manukau yesterday that the lodgement date of applications at the front of the queue is still 11 December 2018. No movement...no word on what the plan is moving forward....

Thanks for the update Erin. This doesn't look good at all...

Any news on new quota ? I think queue ll only move forward once fresh numbers are announced... so disappointing, it should have been announced in Dec last year

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    Any news on new quota ? I think queue ll only move forward once fresh numbers are announced... so disappointing, it should have been announced in Dec last year
    Does anyone know who the official source we could get this info from?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast