Thread: Work Visa Renewal

Default Work Visa Renewal

Hello everyone

I would like to ask your inputs regarding my visa renewal.. I am working as a low skilled and the immigration had given me a one year work visa and its due to expire this february 2020 and my employer would love to extend my work visa.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to provide a Police clearance from my country?

It says in the immigration site that "You do not need to provide police certificates if:
    you have provided them to us with an earlier visa application, and they were issued in the previous 24 months."

Unfortunately, the validity of the police clearance that I sent on my previous application is only this Novemeber 2019.The validity of police clearance in my country is good for one year only and my employer would like me to send my visa application on January 2020.

2. Does my employer need to provide an evidence that they still tried to recruit New Zealanders like Skills match report, advertisement etc..?

In the immigration site it says that " Your employer must also provide evidence they have made genuine attempts to recruit New Zealanders, unless one of the following applies:
    The job you’ve been offered is on one of the Essential Skills in Demand Lists and you meet the qualification and work experience requirements listed for your occupation.
    You are applying to continue working in the role you currently hold and have been invited to apply, or have applied, for a Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa based on your current employment.

Please enlighten me and give me some advises on what to do thank you in advance..

1. I think you will not need to provide a new police certificate. INZ's position is quite clear, and does not appear to take any notice of whatever may be written on the foreign government's certificate about validity. Your home country is covering themselves, saying, in effect, that they're not guaranteeing that they would have caught up with anything illegal the subject might have done longer ahead than 12 months from the date of the certificate, whereas New Zealand takes the view that it's very unlikely your legal situation back in your own country is going to have changed in the most recent time, considering you have mostly been in NZ then.

2. Yes, you have to meet all the requirements for the visa, just as if it was the first time you were applying. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria There's no such thing as a renewal of this visa - you are applying for a new visa.

Thank you for your fast response JandM. Does that mean that I need to send all my Certificate of employment and other documents that I sent before in my application?

Yes, just as if this was your first application. Notice, the employer has to have, and explain, really SOLID reasons why any other people that might apply when your job is advertised aren't good enough to do it. INZ expect that, if there is any NZ citizen or resident around who can do the job or be trained up for it, they will be given it in preference to a foreign worker who would need a temporary work visa. This https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...oyer-guide.pdf is what the employer has to do.

thank you JandM for your reply

What line of work are you in?