Thread: Teacher Education Refresher (TER) programme

Default Teacher Education Refresher (TER) programme

Hi, I have been applying to have my teaching qualifications assessed and register as a teacher in NZ but have been told today bu the teaching council that I need to do a TER as the last 5 years as a supply teacher are too ad hoc.

Does anyone have any experience of doing a TER and importantly do I need to do some of it (the teaching practice stage for eg) in NZ? If so how would this work as I'd need a visa surely...

Thanks for any info guys

In your place, I would reply to the NZ teaching council and ask THEM to answer if you need to do the TP in NZ. Also, they are the people with years of experience of how people go about this, and they will probably know what visa you would need. (My GUESS from reading of various INZ information is that it will depend on how long you would need to be in the country. For instance, people can do a certain amount of study on a visitor's visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...le-visiting-nz. or you might need a student visa - but the TC will have seen others going through this process.)