Thread: Police certificate - resident visa and work visa

Red face Police certificate - resident visa and work visa

Hi everyone I have a small question and hope if anyone can help.

I got my current work visa (post study - employer assisted) in April 2018 and at that time I didn't submit policy certificate as I have done it in May 2016.
    Then this year I made a new policy certificate and submitted it along with my SMC application in Jan 2019.
    As my current visa is going to expire in April 2020 (and I can't expect my SMC will be processed before April 2020), I am going to apply a new work visa in early 2020.

So in this case, do I need to do another policy certificate for new work visa application considering I have provided new one for SMC this year? i.e. should I say yes to both questions:" have you provided policy certificate in previous application?" and "was the policy certificate issued in the last 24 months".

I am not quite sure whether this is similar to medical check or not. Does "previous application" include SMC application that is not complete, or it just means previous work visa I applied.

Thank you very much!

A5.10(d)(i) states: "If police certificates were submitted with a previous application: they can be accepted for any further application for a temporary entry class visa (other than a student visa under U4.10) made within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificates". No mention is made as to whether or not a decision has been made in such previous application.

In your place, I would therefore assume it safe to answer both of those questions on the Work Visa application in the affirmative. Should this not be the case, the case officer processing your Work Visa application will request an updated police certificate from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    A5.10(d)(i) states: "If police certificates were submitted with a previous application: they can be accepted for any further application for a temporary entry class visa (other than a student visa under U4.10) made within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificates". No mention is made as to whether or not a decision has been made in such previous application.

In your place, I would therefore assume it safe to answer both of those questions on the Work Visa application in the affirmative. Should this not be the case, the case officer processing your Work Visa application will request an updated police certificate from you.
    Thanks for your rely Kelerei. I will travel back to my country to visit families for Xmas so it would be safe to get a new certificate (also get it translated and certified) in person just in case. It would not be convenient if I come back to NZ then find out a certificate is needed.

Getting a policy certificate in my country is becoming more frustrating than it was - I am lazy and sick of this after doing so many times.

Thanks