Thread: Number of CO working on SMC applications

Default Number of CO working on SMC applications

Hi All,

MBIE has provide some informtion about number of Co working on SMC application. Below is the response from them.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/11467/res...20Response.pdf

I am just wondering if anyone knows how many case officers used to be there before the INZ restructuring.

My first response was actually a little surprised that the caseload per officer is lower than we had perhaps been led to believe - an average of 38 cases under consideration by each officer.

An immigration officer should have around 40-60 applications in their caseload at any one time. Source is a post on this forum from EGoodhue (licensed immigration adviser).
    Last edited by Yanco; 27th November 2019 at 02:09 PM.

I was surprised when EGoodhue said those figures, having seen previously that someone had been told by INZ that the allocation at that time was around 100. And that was back in the days before the present outrageous delays, which makes me think that other factors have a bigger impact than case numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I was surprised when EGoodhue said those figures, having seen previously that someone had been told by INZ that the allocation at that time was around 100. And that was back in the days before the present outrageous delays, which makes me think that other factors have a bigger impact than case numbers.
    Those 50,000 to 60,000 NZRP mentioned in the letter is not only for SMC but also includes Partner Residents, Long Term Skill Shortage Lists candidates, Talent Accredited Employer Visa and SMC I believe. Would that be the case, or those figures are only for SMC?

it's from the MBIE website.

The New Zealand Residence Programme (NZRP) is the Government’s statement on
    who can get New Zealand residence each year. In 2016, the previous Government
    set a planning range for the NZRP of between 85,000 and 95,000 visas for the twoyear period that expired at the end of June 2018. Visas were proportionately
    allocated across the three residence streams: Business/Skilled Stream (60 per cent),
    Family Stream (32 – 33 per cent), and International/Humanitarian Stream (7 – 8 per
    cent).

Taken from the Operational Manual (R6.5) "The Skilled/Business stream is allocated approximately 25,500 to 30,600 places".

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    I am just wondering if anyone knows how many case officers used to be there before the INZ restructuring.
    Earliest org chart I have available on my computer is from April 2018 and shows 52 Immigration Officers across 5 SMC teams. (Most recent org chart from November shows 72)

Back in my day at INZ (2008-2015) we had around 40 Immigration Officers in Auckland Central, 50 Immigration Officers in Henderson, 10 Immigration Officers in Hamilton, around 10 in London & about 10 in Shanghai - all processing SMC applications.