Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI is selected and ITA is received , Needs info for IQA having Long Term Skill Shortage outcome

Default EOI is selected and ITA is received , Needs info for IQA having Long Term Skill Shortage outcome

Hi All,

I lodged my EOI this week and selected from this current pool (27-NOV-2019) and received ITA .....My existing IQA shows NZQA Level 7 bachelor degree because i had no skilled employment or job offer once applied for IQA...

Please advise how to get IQA , either i need to re-assess my qualification or apply for Chartered IT Professionals.

In both cases, how outcome or result is shown which is acceptable by INZ to get bonus points of Absolute skill shortage list ....

I am claiming points for LTSSL both for employment and work experience . below is the information from INZ in ITA

If your IQA outcome is generic (specifies only Bachelor’s degree at level 7 or higher) ,
    this indicate you do not meet the Long Term skill shortage requirement hence you will
    need to provide a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand certifying that the degree
    and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered IT
    Professional New Zealand.

The above documents will require some time to obtain and you may need to start the
    process as soon as possible.

If you do not submit the documents specified when you lodge your application, you will
    not qualify for these points. Without bonus points for work experience in an area of
    absolute skills shortage, you may fall below the 160 points required to be granted
    residence under the Skilled Migrant Category. Consequently, your application may be
    declined.

This specifically only impacts the bonus points that you will receive for having work experience and/or current employment or an offer thereof in an area of absolute skills shortage.

Your course of action will depend on whether or not you require those bonus points to stay above the 160 point threshold:

• If losing those bonus points will drop you below the 160 point threshold, you have no choice but to do what INZ is requesting: either a new IQA with a non-generic outcome, or the requested letter from IT Professionals New Zealand (in your case). If not, you can expect your application to be declined.
    • If losing those bonus points will still keep you above the 160 point threshold, you can choose to accept the loss of those bonus points and submit your existing IQA alone. Of course, you may also choose to retain those bonus points, in which case you'll need either a new IQA or the IT Professionals New Zealand letter as above.

If you choose to obtain a non-generic IQA, take note of the following statement on NZQA's website:

"If you are applying under a skill shortage list (such as the Long Term Skill Shortage List) you will need to provide the occupation group and code for your occupation on a form that is available from our ‘Documents Required’ page. If you do not include this form in your application we will not assess your qualification against a skill shortage list. You can view the Skill Shortage List Checker on Immigration New Zealand’s website to find these lists and occupation groups and codes."

There's also several threads on here with regards to obtaining a non-generic IQA: here's just one.

If you choose to take the IT Professionals route instead, here's their detailed guide, and here's the online application form.

Hi Kelerei,

I have already lodged my ITA and fees got deducted. Claimed 15 points for Absolute Skill Shortage. I have not submitted IPNZ letter, as it was not mentioned in ITA Document.

Can CO ask for IPNZ letter at later stage?

I have got my IQA letter stating as below.

Please advise if I need to worry about IPNZ letter?

Thanks

You have a non-generic IQA, so there should be no need for anything further if your job is System Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy08 View Post
    Hi Kelerei,

I have already lodged my ITA and fees got deducted. Claimed 15 points for Absolute Skill Shortage. I have not submitted IPNZ letter, as it was not mentioned in ITA Document.

Can CO ask for IPNZ letter at later stage?

I have got my IQA letter stating as below.

Please advise if I need to worry about IPNZ letter?

Thanks
    The part that I bolded is what INZ is looking for with regard to awarding bonus points for skill shortage, if one goes by what they were quoted as saying in the original post above: the absence thereof makes the IQA a "generic IQA".

INZ will, of course, verify that you are indeed a System Administrator as well.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 29th November 2019 at 08:57 AM.

Hi aliahmed,

We have encountered the same problem as you, the only difference is that we applied as Civil Engineer.
    As the letter states clearly, I think you have to get a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand to certify your qualification (with a fee).
    I think you may have a look on this website: https://itp.nz/Activities/Immigratio...on-Application

We got ours from the Engineering New Zealand and our ITA is lodged. So I suppose it works.

Thanks all..... I contacted IQA, they advised for re-evaluation and fee is $ 230 OR i proceed for CITPNZ.... I am claiming points of two occupations i.e

Computer
    Network and
    Systems Engineer
    (263111 & Software Tester
    (261314

I replied to IQA , lets see what the respond as their form shows only one occupation...........

Thanks JandM and Kelerei for clearing the doubt.

Any Sample for Computer Engineering degree regarding ITP Evidence document preparation ........

https://itp.nz/Activities/Immigratio...on-Application

I am still waiting from IQA to advise for multiple ANZSCO occupations......

I would lose only bonus points but employment & work experience points have no link with this generic IQA outcome........

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    The part that I bolded is what INZ is looking for with regard to awarding bonus points for skill shortage, if one goes by what they were quoted as saying in the original post above: the absence thereof makes the IQA a "generic IQA".

INZ will, of course, verify that you are indeed a System Administrator as well.

Hi Kelerei,,

How did u get IQA as non-generic , did u provide docs while submitting docs for IQA. As in my case its generic...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast