Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ombudsman complaint re: cherry-picking of SMC applications

That has moved relatively quickly then, for the Office of the Ombudsman. Investigations usually take several months from the date the complaint was made.

Has anyone heard what INZ has replied to the ombudsman with? I think i read it somewhere they were due to respond by mid June?

Will it add any value to still submit complaints to ombudsman or should we just wait for outcome of complaint already lodged by others?

Quote Originally Posted by jungminlee View Post
    Has anyone heard what INZ has replied to the ombudsman with? I think i read it somewhere they were due to respond by mid June?
    That was what the ombudsman was expecting. But I honestly believe that INZ will do everything possible to have that reply delayed and they will come with an extension to when they will give a reply to the ombudsman. I'm sure they will be able to make up some excuses for this to delay the investigation as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    That was what the ombudsman was expecting. But I honestly believe that INZ will do everything possible to have that reply delayed and they will come with an extension to when they will give a reply to the ombudsman. I'm sure they will be able to make up some excuses for this to delay the investigation as much as possible.
    Hahaha that's so true and I won't be surprised if that is the case.
    Ahh I really want the election over soon, so the govt will announce new numbers for immigration!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanique View Post
    Will it add any value to still submit complaints to ombudsman or should we just wait for outcome of complaint already lodged by others?
    Any thoughts on this?

http://chng.it/xJwd2gbcRV

Hope we have all signed & shared this petition about SMC backlogs

Below reply from my local MP
    Anyone that has a case with the onbudsman want to share the details (name / application number?) so I can reply to them?

Thank you for our recent letter regarding your immigration concerns.

I completely understand your frustration with the time it is currently taking to process your residency application.

As you also advise, your application does not fit the criteria required for prioritization. As a result of Covid19 and the border closure, Immigration New Zealand now have an even greater backlog of applications for processing. Presently you can stay in New Zealand on your current visa but you are correct, you will have to re-apply for work visas next year.

Currently, Immigration NZ are processing applications lodged in December 2018 in the order that they were received. I suspect it will be some time before INZ consider residency applications lodged in May 2019.

I have spoken to Immigration NZ and they have advised that they regularly update their website to reflect the increasing wait times and explain the ongoing delay and they urge applicants to regularly check this website. I have asked for a commitment of date for processing but they are not able to provide this.

I understand that all of the above information is already known to you and is not at all helpful! I am sorry that this has been your experience.

It is interesting to note that you mention a complaint to the Ombudsman. Has there been any outcome regarding this enquiry that you can advise? Have you lodged a request for an enquiry in your name?

We have made enquiries on your behalf with Immigration NZ and will advise you as soon as we receive a reply.

Yours faithfully

Cheryl Morovic
    Senior MP Support for Chris Penk
    chris.penk@parliament.govt.nz | 021 0230 6106 | 04 817 6913 | Parliament House 2-049 | www.chrispenk.co.nz

I just got an update from the ombudsman.

Good news, INZ have finally replied.

Bad news, due to the complexity of the issues they are transferring the complaint to an Auckland based investigator who will be in touch shortly...

What the hell did they say?

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    I just got an update from the ombudsman.

Good news, INZ have finally replied.

Bad news, due to the complexity of the issues they are transferring the complaint to an Auckland based investigator who will be in touch shortly...

What the hell did they say?
    Trying to buy more time?
    until the elections, and then see how it goes from there?

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast