Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ombudsman complaint re: cherry-picking of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by Zanique View Post
    How convenient to now say the complaint is resolved because you have a case officer.
    yep...I maybe allocated soon and I will not withdraw my complaint. I will follow up with same diligence .

What type of recommendation could the Ombudsman make to INZ? I keep thinking if my application was processed by 18/10/2019, as per INZ confirmation when they lodged my application, I would already be 1 year into the required 2 before applying for PR. Could the ombudsman recommend that our time spent waiting could be seen as 'time served'?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    What type of recommendation could the Ombudsman make to INZ? I keep thinking if my application was processed by 18/10/2019, as per INZ confirmation when they lodged my application, I would already be 1 year into the required 2 before applying for PR. Could the ombudsman recommend that our time spent waiting could be seen as 'time served'?
    I can ask. My confirmation date by INZ was around the same date as yours. These days I don't have much energy left anymore to do anything around this to be honest. Is there any instruction manual reference I can provide with that request to the ombudsman in regards to the 2 years residency needed before being eligible for permanent residency?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    I can ask. My confirmation date by INZ was around the same date as yours. These days I don't have much energy left anymore to do anything around this to be honest. Is there any instruction manual reference I can provide with that request to the ombudsman in regards to the 2 years residency needed before being eligible for permanent residency?
    Here is the details in site.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...l%20conditions.

I got an update when i followed up with him
    "INZ has provided some of the information requested and asked for an extension until 12 October for the remainder. The extension was granted.

One everything has been received, the information will be assessed and a report prepared for the Chief Ombudsman."

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    I agree-I just keep checking the inz website (multiple times a day!) to see if my application has changed to approved! But other than that I don’t even care to ask my LIA for an update! 3 weeks today with 2pc. Waiting for approval before replying to ombudsman, Worried that anything might just delay their decision!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    I agree-I just keep checking the inz website (multiple times a day!) to see if my application has changed to approved! But other than that I don’t even care to ask my LIA for an update! 3 weeks today with 2pc. Waiting for approval before replying to ombudsman, Worried that anything might just delay their decision!
    Don't worry, Everything will be fine, Hope you will get the approval soon...

Below is what i have recieved

"Dear XXXX

INZ has provided the information which was requested by the team yesterday.

The response will have to be assessed, with the aim of providing a report for the Chief Ombudsman. If he considers he has enough information, he will proceed to form a provisional opinion."

I followed up when they requested I drop my complaint saying it concerns me and many others about INZ treatment and that the complaint will be swept away. The response I got was actually nice, essentially saying this will not fall off the radar even if we all withdraw, it's just a pain in the butt for them having to deal with all the correspondence to people who don't have a vested interest anymore. INZ can and will not penalise those who have complained, they've had complaints before about INZ and this has never happened. I'll ask to be looped in for one more round of correspondence now INZ has responded but I'm happy if it's still on their radar and all you guys are complaining to bail on my involvement now and to not be copied in if this will take them much longer to resolve. I still firmly believe INZ and whoever was responsible should be found and held accountable for this mess but we achieved the hard bit of getting it lodged and moving.

Last update from the ombudsman today is that they sought legal advice on a couple of points and they are waiting for the answer on that.

I feel like they're building a strong case against INZ.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast