Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ombudsman complaint re: cherry-picking of SMC applications

If the Ombudsman can't resolve this, it might be time to move to some form of protesting......

I'm on board with this! Media coverage seems to not deter them...

Well the government had no intention to Approve these (non-priority applications) so their numbers look down for the election campaign and show the lower numbers, and considering the current circumstances because of the Covid-19, they will come up with NZERS first (which is not a bad thing and should ALWAYS look after your own people first), but at least don't play with people's lives and their mental health and whatnot.

So i don't see anything would happen after the protest, plus we don't have voting rights and the government will do whatever they can to come back in the power again (and Immigration is/was always a hot topic during election times). So no hope at all and nobody can do anything and not to mention they are robbing people with millions of dollars which they get from sending ITA which they know wouldn't be getting approved.
    Last edited by satty02; 27th May 2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHadders View Post
    I'm on board with this! Media coverage seems to not deter them...
    Soon it will be possible to do gatherings of up to 100 people.

I am in, I am not taking this much longer.

Nevertheless I don't know if we are allowed to organize something like this thru this Forum as I think is against the rules.

JandM will have to confirm it.

PS: I am working in Wellington today. I should had brought up my megaphone and started shouting outside the Beehive

if they read your comment, then they will decide to not allow 100 people's gathering

I am tempted to write to Jacinda about it....where a'kindness" , "they are us" , "this not who we are" is?
    gone are those days where skilled migrants get recognised....now are the days when if you are "victimized" in some way you can find ray of hope.
    I amy be blabbing stupidly but this has driven me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    I am tempted to write to Jacinda about it....where a'kindness" , "they are us" , "this not who we are" is?
    gone are those days where skilled migrants get recognised....now are the days when if you are "victimized" in some way you can find ray of hope.
    I amy be blabbing stupidly but this has driven me insane.
    I wrote to Iain Lees-Galloway last week. No response.

Try Jacinda!

It is all publicity. Populism we call it back home. I was hoping that things would be different here.

I have voting rights and I will definitely not be voting for this unkind lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankgo View Post
    Soon it will be possible to do gatherings of up to 100 people.

I am in, I am not taking this much longer.

Nevertheless I don't know if we are allowed to organize something like this thru this Forum as I think is against the rules.

JandM will have to confirm it.
    Here are the parts of the owner's rules which could apply to this matter, I think.
    5. Political or religious discussions must be carried out thoughtfully, with respect for other posters' ideas, and be relevant to life in New Zealand, immigration, or reasons for leaving your own country. Don't bash politicians, political parties, or religions and don't form political/religious social groups.

6. If you wish to libel someone, do it on your own website. Posts which are potentially libellous will be removed as soon as we become aware of them and the member's forum privileges will be reviewed. Your posts must not fall foul of libel laws in any country where this forum is read.
    (my bolding) The complete list of rules is here. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236

You can see that the basis for these rules is to safeguard the continuing existence and usefulness of the ENZ forum, so that we CAN be helpful and supportive to one another. An appropriate motto might be 'light, not heat'. Whatever you're posting, remember that, while recognizing its flaws, we all need to USE the INZ set-up, not destroy it, also that the COs and employees of INZ that you interact with aren't the decision-makers.

I'm sure everyone received this generic email today:

I refer to your complaint against INZ, regarding your Skilled Migrant Category residence application.

We are expecting to receive INZ’s response in mid-June and will progress the investigation as soon as possible after that.

If you have any concerns in the meantime, please feel free to get in touch.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast