Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212223

Thread: Ombudsman complaint re: cherry-picking of SMC applications

This is such a good news to me. After 2+ years of waiting for a response regarding a special exception request to get a refund for withdrawing my application, at last I've got a response from Emma Mcfarland telling me that INZ can't provide any refund. Then, 10 days later they were told to give a refund to everybody who wants to withdraw.

At the very least I can get my hard earned money back.....

Quote Originally Posted by cakes88 View Post
    This is such a good news to me. After 2+ years of waiting for a response regarding a special exception request to get a refund for withdrawing my application, at last I've got a response from Emma Mcfarland telling me that INZ can't provide any refund. Then, 10 days later they were told to give a refund to everybody who wants to withdraw.

At the very least I can get my hard earned money back.....
    don't withdraw your application for a couple of thousand dollars, unless you are leaving the country for good or have lost the job?

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    don't withdraw your application for a couple of thousand dollars, unless you are leaving the country for good or have lost the job?
    He withdrew his application and left in late 2019 due to getting a US green card, according to his posting history.

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    He withdrew his application and left in late 2019 due to getting a US green card, according to his posting history.
    Yes, I've moved to the US since then instead of waiting for this nonsense. I can't believe it took them 2+ years to read and reply my withdrawal request.

I actually already forgot everything and moved on. Just didn't expect this to happen, which works fine for me

Update: I've received the refund from INZ, I think it took them about 2 months to processed it.

Applied and received my refund from my application from November 2019.

Moved across the Tasman.

Wishing you all the best. Stay well.

Hi all, I am so sorry for all your ordeals and never ending waits for INZ to do their damn job. It really infuriates me that they have the nerve to do this just because they think immigrants who add real value to the economy are some second class citizens. Just a thought, has anyone explored taking INZ to court?
    https://www.justice.govt.nz/courts/c...o-civil-court/

That page says the civil court process can be used to appeal against Immigration's decision in a particular case - not that I've ever seen on these threads that anyone has used that route.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212223