Thread: regarding visitors visa

Default regarding visitors visa

Hi guys,

I have a question on behalf of my friend who doesn't use this forum. so here's a situation:

she is permanent resident and she is pregnant now and want to sponser her mother on visit visa so her mother can come and support her during the time of pregnancy.
    The issue now is, when she made her original residence visa application, she mistakely entered the wrong date of birth of her mother, where theres a section to fill up the detail of parents. (entered 28th of jan, instead of 29th jan) which she found now after 2 years.

so the question is, when her mother will file an visitors visa application, will inz go back and see the date of birth not matched, or is it going to be any issue or what could be done in this case. or can she put her application without pointing this small typo.

please advise, what should be done in this situation.

thank you very much!

I think your friend wants to know various things that nobody can answer for certain.
    will inz go back and see the date of birth not matched,
    Who can say what anyone may notice? I don't think anyone would specifically go looking.
    or is it going to be any issue
    I don't know. I imagine someone at INZ potentially COULD query why there is a difference, or, if they've got lots of work on, just think, 'Oh, it's a typo,' and let it slide - but that's my guesswork, and I've no way of choosing which alternative this hypothetical CO, who just might have noticed the slip, would go for.
    or what could be done in this case. or can she put her application without pointing this small typo.
    I think she knows what she COULD do, and she'll have to decide which. She COULD write up front to INZ and state that she's just noticed this mistake in the details she submitted earlier, as here is proof of her mother's genuine DOB - in which case, the mother's visitor's visa application will be in line with the real details. She COULD have her mother put in the application anyway, and wait to see if anyone queries it, and then she'd have to apologize and say she'd made a mistake earlier.

Great! Thanks for the response jandm!